Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Cummins powered Tundra

3K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  ryn 
#1 ·
I'm very very curious to see if Toyota can strike a deal with Cummins like Nissan has done to put the 5.0 V-8 Cummins powered turbo diesel in the future tundras. Has anyone heard if this could become reality?

I'll be the 1st to order one if they are able to strike a deal! The durability of a toyota truck, with Cummins power would be unstopable!!!!

#2 ·
Sales rep I bought mine from says Toyota has been working with Hino for a few years now to develop a diesel in the Tundra and expects that's who they will end up using.

Reactions: j_fuggin_t
#3 ·
Toyota doesn't need a diesel engine from another company, they already have their own diesels in other parts of the world. That said, I doubt we'll ever see a diesel Tundra.

#11 ·
Wait. Not so fast. Toyota also made other trucks but chose to build one in the USA.

It is actually more likely Toyota would use a cummins. They will ONLY use American made motors for the Tundra. Period.

In keeping with the most American made truck theme. I highly doubt they will move away from that.

#15 ·
Nissan is gona spank dodge with there 5.0 lol only smart thing dodge has ever done was put the 6bt in there 3/4ton+ trucks.. But that engine line is way to heavy for a 1/2.. Since they actually weigh a 1/2 ton dry. Pray the Toyota dosnt go with international if they get a diesel. Ford dropped them after there 6.0 and 6.4 turned out to be lemmon engines

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.