Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
DONE - Pics Added CST spindles, +2 Shackles Biltstein 5100's go in

I put my "new" wheels on this week (Thanks dawson2231 they look awesome) and I've got everything in the garage for the install tomorrow.

CST Spindles in the front, Coachbuilder +2 shackles and bilstein 5100s in the rear along with 1" hub/wheelcentric spacers.

The last piece of the pie will be my SS BAmuffler that should arrive in a couple weeks.

BTW, the CST spindles are AWESOME...Unreal how beefy/tough they seem....pictures don't do it justice. I plan on taking a pic next to the stock spindle.

DONE - It was an easier install than I expected. Aside from the guy that worked at the hobby shop "Helping" Ugh, it was rough at one point but we made it.

BEFORE Pics.

The Right is done in the pic and the left is stock, Noticably more "Hangdown" (the right side as you look at this pic, not the right if you were sitting in the truck)

AFTER

Looks like I gained 3.5" in the front and 1.25" in the rear. I'll measure again in a month or so and see where it site then. As for the +50mm Offset of my wheels, it was a nonissue...Even though CST says no more than 6.5" offset, mine is 6.9 and I have about an inch of clearance from the spindle shaft. The width of my tires helps.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
I put threadlock on ALL ,bolts and nuts. Better safe than sorry. Also recheck all screws and bolts after the first 100 miles and 500 miles. The suspension will settle in after that. Also after installation, take some speed bumps and the recomended speed.and recheck all fasteners. Truck is going to look great with that combination. Bring a dremmel with a metal cutting wheel. It will make cutting the brake brackets alot easier and the cut will not damage the brackets if you want to reinstall the factory spindles later on.
Good luck and have fun.

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Can't wait to see your truck Ken!

You'll do great, like 30PlusRetlaw mentioned loctite is always a good idea and be sure to swap the tie rod ends :) Beings your truck is up on a lift it will help to remove the lower rear shock bolts. This will allow the axle to droop down a bit more allowing the leafs to align with the shackles. Torque shackle and control arms bolts while the suspension is under load. Best of luck!

·
Registered
577 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Did you rent the bay for the day or something?
Yep, Auto hobby shop on base where I work. It's hourly or a day price. Like 5.00 per hour and 31.00 for the day.

Since I'm a civilian I pay the highest price. It's about half that for E5 and below sailors.

Full toolbox of Snap on tools and all the air tools you need. Can't beat it.

Sorry for the crappy pics, it was a good gloomy day to work inside on the truck. I actually took the after pictures in the rain.

(first person to say I need bigger tires now get's an internet beatdown)

·
Super Moderator
5,324 Posts
Yep, Auto hobby shop on base where I work. It's hourly or a day price. Like 5.00 per hour and 31.00 for the day.

Since I'm a civilian I pay the highest price. It's about half that for E5 and below sailors.

Full toolbox of Snap on tools and all the air tools you need. Can't beat it.
That's kinda funny. My neighbor actually mentioned to me yesterday (when I as putting on my exhaust), that he would check at the NAS to see if they had a shop that he could take me to in the future.

·
Premium Member
8,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's kinda funny. My neighbor actually mentioned to me yesterday (when I as putting on my exhaust), that he would check at the NAS to see if they had a shop that he could take me to in the future.
Take him up on it. It's awesome even to just do oil changes when you can put it up on the lift and take a look at things underneath. I can do an oil change for 5.00 up on the lift. GREAT deal.

·
Premium Member
8,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
521 Posts
Shasta, do you think there would be any issues if you ran 305-55-20 tires with +35 or +0 offset wheels? The reason i ask, im considering doing the same lift as you, and the 2 wheels im interested in only come in those 2 offsets.

·
Premium Member
39,325 Posts
Shasta, do you think there would be any issues if you ran 305-55-20 tires with +35 or +0 offset wheels? The reason i ask, im considering doing the same lift as you, and the 2 wheels im interested in only come in those 2 offsets.
No issues

·
Premium Member
8,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
you shouldn't have any issues at all with that setup.

The closer you get towards negative, (less positive offset) the further the wheel is pushed out away from the hub. This will push the wheel away from the spindle. I would definitely go with the +35 and not the +0. The spindles already push the tire 1" out away from the truck so a +0 would push it 35MM out further from the truck.

(Tire gurus, do I understand this relation correctly?)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts