·
Registered
519 Posts
For sale and everything.

Dave

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
The bed will be about 13" longer and the CM vs. double cab interior at most another 10". So, for 2 feet longer tops if that, I would buy it and still fit in my 24' deep standard garage. Most stock garages are 20x24. The crewmax 6 1/2' bed is the perfect sized truck and toyota has no clue it would be the #1 seller for sure. I brought this up several years ago and even emailed toyota corp. to do it, but we all need to email toyota to tell them to do it end of 2013 for the 2014 newly redesigned tundra. Do it please, I want one ASAP!!

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
parking would be a bitch, my cm already is longer than any parking space anymore.

parking spaces seem to keep getting smaller and smaller.

i used to be able to park my cc 2500hd with 6.5 bed (im pretty sure 6.5) in most parking spots, i still live in the same area, and my tunder hangs its ass out. if i park in one of the curb spots and put the front wheels against the curb assuming there arent any trees or signs, the back still sticks out a lil.

not that i care, if it had a 6.5 ft bed, i would still park in bfe, and i woulda still bought it.

·
Premium Member
5,728 Posts
We figured that out in another thread a while ago. It comes out to be 21' 5".
If Toyota ever makes one I'll buy it as my garage is 30' deep. :D

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
no, not a cm with a 6.5 bed...

not yet.

and not a 3/4 ton, apples to oranges bud.

no matter if you get the cummins, the rest is still a dodge.
what does dodge stand for in the dictionary?? :D

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
honestly, i dunno. just everyone i know with one, including the lhs i had, had stupid ass problems.

DAMNIT, oh god damnit, enough ?

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
parking would be a bitch, my cm already is longer than any parking space anymore.

parking spaces seem to keep getting smaller and smaller.

i used to be able to park my cc 2500hd with 6.5 bed (im pretty sure 6.5) in most parking spots, i still live in the same area, and my tunder hangs its ass out. if i park in one of the curb spots and put the front wheels against the curb assuming there arent any trees or signs, the back still sticks out a lil.

not that i care, if it had a 6.5 ft bed, i would still park in bfe, and i woulda still bought it.

I use to have a chevy 1500HD crew cab with 6 1/2' bed length and it fit in my 24' garage and parking was just as easy as before no problems. I suspect the crewmax tundra to be at most 6" more in length than my former chevy crewcab 1500HD in back seat legroom, still would not be a problem parking. It is not any wider, just guessing around 18" or so longer than what I have now in a DC tundra, not an issue. It would be only 13" longer than a stock crewmax tundra simply because bed length is 13" longer is all, not an issue either. To have such roomy massive useful truck in a crewmax tundra 6 1/2' bed with an engine 5.7L still getting 17 avg mpg vs. my sucky 6.0L chevy 1500HD getting 13.5 avg. mpg would be awesome. Best of both worlds in gas mileage and size being the best fit for most pickup buyers. Get er'done toyota please, I am waiting!!!!!!!!!!!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts