Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 Crewmax, went to wash it this weekend only to find when washing the roof that the passenger side rooftop is missing the Trim Strip that runs front to back from the windshield to the rear window. Anyone else have a problem with this or heard of an issue with them coming off? Dealer tells me it is not a frequent issue that they have heard of, just wanted some input from the owners on here.
Thanks for your input.

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Does that dealer have an automatic wash with air dry blowers? If so, of course they have never seen that (it happens everyday)...

Yeah those do come off and if you have the original it is easily reattached but if you don't, it is only covered at 3 years 36,000 miles.

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
More frequent than they want to admit, one of mine was loose and I secured it and I lost one on my 2007 Tacoma that I owned previously...buy a replacement online though as they are much cheaper than the stealership.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Had issues with this staying adhered on my 08; also with the trim around the door windows, particularly at the upper rear corners where it is thick. No signs of either on the 12 yet but it's just rubber so over time I'm sure it'll happen eventually. Just have to keep an eye on it and apply some trim adhesive as necessary.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I noticed mine was buckled up the other day when I washed it, I just pushed it back down, I'll have to keep an eye on that though!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys, you have given me all the info i needed to know! I'm still under warranty so I already have it scheduled for Tuesday. Thanks for everyones input, this is the first problem i have had with this vehicle and i consider it a minor one, just wanted to know if i should stock up on these things for after the warranty runs out!!!
Thanks again.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Does that dealer have an automatic wash with air dry blowers? If so, of course they have never seen that (it happens everyday)...

Yeah those do come off and if you have the original it is easily reattached but if you don't, it is only covered at 3 years 36,000 miles.
I handwash the truck only, it's only gone through two carwashes in the middle of winter when it was way too darn cold to do it myself.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My driver's side strip went missing. Stopped at a local car wash and asked if they had anything that looked like it in their "lost and found." Sure enough, manager came out with one about a minute later. Put it on with some good rubber glue at the front attachment point. No more troubles.

·
Registered
3 Posts
07 double cab here bought used in 2010.

passenger side came off first time I went through a carwash.

dealer put it back on no problems since.

·
Registered
104 Posts
i just had the same problem with mine..2015 model crewmax..passenger side is what blew off
while running it threw the wash..you think that they would have corrected this little problem.
im gonna have them cover it under warranty.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts