Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys im about to start pulling a 27 foot 5th wheel camper with my 2010 CM SR5. I want to put in a gooseneck ball instead of a slider hitch since i will be hauling horse trailer etc. Now my question is has anybody done this? What kind of extenders etc. do i need to use. My 5th wheel has a gooseneck adapter on it already. And what kind of airbags are best used with my truck? Im running the 3/1 rough country leveling kit. Thanks guys for all your help!!!

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
i was looking at these too, but i don't trust myself, i can see me taking out the pillar LOL

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I have the popup gooseneck hitch, and I run FireStone airbags.

You'll need to pick your extender based on the shape and style of the gooseneck the trailer has. My hitch doesn't need an extender when used with my hay trailer.

Attachments

·
Banned
513 Posts
Just get a Pullrite Superglide hitch, it automatically slides back when turning. Expensive but worth it IMO for a short bed pickup.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Just get a Pullrite Superglide hitch, it automatically slides back when turning. Expensive but worth it IMO for a short bed pickup.

RV Today PullRite SuperGlide 5th Hitch for Short Bed Trucks - YouTube

The OP didn't want a 5th wheel. I can understand why, it occupies the whole bed. My gooseneck drops down below the bed with a pull of a lever, which I need when I want to easily put pallets straight in the bed without having to get over the ball.

The superglide is great if you don't use the bed regularly, but I use the bed more than I use the hitch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts