Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have acquired some sweet a$$ steelers stickers that I want to put on my tundra. This is a dumb question, but has anyone had issues with stickers getting ripped off when putting their rear window up and down? :: Pause for laughter::
My kids love when I put that window down. The stickers a thicker high quality vinyl.
I need to represent my yinzer pride while living in falcon territory.
Thanks

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
146 Posts
No, with that being said, once they get old the window will help them come off faster though. My Salt Life sticker is curling from age and the Florida sun and the window going up and down is helping it come up

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
I recently peeled off a sticker that was on the rear window for three years. It was beginning to get wrinkly from the exposure to elements. No problem with sliding operation of the window though.

·
Registered
13,585 Posts
I have had my stickers on it for at least 2-2.5 years, and still doing good.

·
F&@k Y'all, I'm from Texas
13,742 Posts
Steeler stickers will fall off.:D

I've got one on the back glass. Haven't had any problems yet. You can roll it up and down and it won't affect the sticker.

I use soap and water in a spray bottle when applying the sticker. Helps to get it positioned in the right spot. Then smooth out the sticker with a damp paper towel over a credit card. Try to get all the water out from behind it, a little tiny spots left is OK, it will come out later on its own. Leave it out in the sun for a day. Then hand wax the sticker edges and over the top of the sticker. After that, you should be good for a long time. Every couple of years, hand wax the edge again if you want to keep the sticker. It will last a long time doing that and the edges will not dry and curl up. Mine's been on the back glass of the CM for at least 4 years and no problems yet.

·
Registered
13,585 Posts
I will say that when my window is dusty the only part that seems to change at all the center... I put my stickers on the lower sides.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Mine came with a sticker on it "Born in Texas Built by Texans"
I've only had the truck for a little over two months. I'll be removing it soon and with my luck it probably won't come off.

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
Mine came with a sticker on it "Born in Texas Built by Texans"
I've only had the truck for a little over two months. I'll be removing it soon and with my luck it probably won't come off.
I'm pretty sure that sticker doesn't use any adhesive. It can be very easily pulled off. I've had two tundras and that sticker got pulled off both times in a day or two. :D

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I can't stand even a little smudge or bugs on my windows let alone graffiti graphics all over them.
I don't know how you guys do it.

I'm jealous...I think.lol

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
I can't stand even a little smudge or bugs on my windows let alone graffiti graphics all over them.
I don't know how you guys do it.

I'm jealous...I think.lol
Unfortunately, some decals aren't optional like work/school parking decals.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Unfortunately, some decals aren't optional like work/school parking decals.
It should be the law that they can't make you put those on your windows due to safety issues.
Should be on a temp placard to hang from the rear view mirror or similar that you can take down when not in a certain parking lot or whatever.
But that would cost 25cents more per vehicle or whatever so that idea gets tossed in the pile of other famous good ideas...lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts