Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New member here. I just left the dealer and finished negotiating on a new Tundra Crew Max Limited 4x4 with every option including NAV and rear DVD; sticker was $48,904; bought it for $38,404. It was $100 profit to the dealer after dealer hold back; all rebates to dealer; no commercial rebate. Fair deal? Got the silver with graphite leather.

Love this thing!

·
Registered
518 Posts
I'm currently negotiating one for a 4x2 5.7L V8 Crew Max Grade. I got it down to $19,798 after the $5500 rebate. This includes tax, doc. fee, and all associated fees except for interest on finance. The options they included which I didn't want but still have to pay for it is the stainless steel exhaust, cold kit, tow package, 8 way adjustable seat, bedliner, leather seats, tint and some other nonsense that I didn't even want.

Still, what do you guys think? Good or bad deal?

·
Registered
347 Posts
After just recently purchasing a Tundra myself, my head is still busy with all the numbers I have been crunching for the past four or so months.

Sounds like you both got good deals on your trucks. Especially if you are happy with them.

It is hard to believe that those two trucks could be almost 20K apart and still both Tundras. I have looked at the Grade, and actually wanted one for most of my search for a truck, but ended up going with SR5. I know Grade is a nice truck...

What in the world could cost 20K more on the limited??? 4x4 add $2000 or so, are there actually $18,000 worth of gadgets on a limited?

·
Registered
518 Posts
I think Toyota really nails us for the options. My dealer gave me the options at cost and though it's not that huge of a difference Toyota just charges too much.

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
Yeah, you got a great deal. I was just at my local dealership yesterday for an oil change, and just had to go look around the lot while I was waiting. Found a 2008 CM 4x4 5.7L LTD priced at $45,xxx and thought holly sh** what on earth would cause the truck to cost that much, then I opened the door. Leather interior, navigation system, backup camera, sun roof, power seats. And then started drooling over the truck and realized, that I actually have got by for about 7 months without all those gadgets so I must not need any of them.

I paid $23,800 for mine in January of this year after trade in on my car and the $5000 rebate. And I feel that I have a $40,000 truck with everything that comes standard on the Grade model DC.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had an opportunity to save another $500 at the infamous Boch Toyota ($11,000 off of sticker), but I chose to go with a local, friendly dealer. They had to swallow hard at the $10,500 discount, but I told them I wasn't willing to pay more than $500 extra to do business with them (over Boch). I might have exaggerated that a little, but they seemed okay with the deal.

It sounds like everyone's getting a good deal, these days. To the other new owners, enjoy your amazing new Tundras!

·
Registered
13,349 Posts
New member here. I just left the dealer and finished negotiating on a new Tundra Crew Max Limited 4x4 with every option including NAV and rear DVD; sticker was $48,904; bought it for $38,404. It was $100 profit to the dealer after dealer hold back; all rebates to dealer; no commercial rebate. Fair deal? Got the silver with graphite leather.

Love this thing!
You got a better deal than what I got on a Crewmax Limited. I didn't get Nav and DVD. But mines was a little cheaper on the MSRP.

·
Registered
13,349 Posts
I'm currently negotiating one for a 4x2 5.7L V8 Crew Max Grade. I got it down to $19,798 after the $5500 rebate. This includes tax, doc. fee, and all associated fees except for interest on finance. The options they included which I didn't want but still have to pay for it is the stainless steel exhaust, cold kit, tow package, 8 way adjustable seat, bedliner, leather seats, tint and some other nonsense that I didn't even want.

Still, what do you guys think? Good or bad deal?
Very good deal. I wish I had the prices they are offering now. It's the same in the new homes also.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I got my SR5 DC 4x2 in July 07 for 32,000 out the door (tax & license included). So you guys are getting excellent deals right now. :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I finally picked up the new Tundra, tonight. Dealer had to fix a few scratches (small re-spray with primer, paint and clear-coat). I paid them for it on Monday and it took until today to get it. At least we have it for the weekend.

Absolutely spectacular vehicle!

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
its the same with everything. whoever gets it first pays more. just pretend tundras have a dealer mark up. like exotic italian cars lol. then you wont feel so bad.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
very good deal man welcome to the forum and congrats on the truck i wish i got my truck around this time there soo cheap now a days cause of gas and stuff i got my truck for 32k its a dbl cab standard bed 4x4 sr5 trd package and cold kit and i saw one exactly the same at the dealer for 20k i was pissed but congrats on the deal you got!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
07TundraTRD,

Thanks. I know how you feel. I thought I got a great deal on our Ridgeline (great vehicle, BTW), when I bought it in October 2006. A year later, you could buy them at $9,000 off sticker; I got about half that off the price. It all seems to average out, in the long run.

See you on the road. Mike

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
hey i jus realized you live in ma we should get some tundra's together for a mass meet

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
07TundraTRD, Where do you live? Mike

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
i Live in quincy ma

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
i don't think its too far from groton ma

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i don't think its too far from groton ma
We're about an hour apart without traffic. I used to live in Westwood and Norwood, so I know the area. I imagine there might be something in the regional section about meets, assuming we have one. I'll check.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
sounds good lol i haven't met many mass tundra owners you travel along the area sometimes ?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts