Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was running an antenna cable today and after several unsuccessful attempts to gain access from the box into the cab I FINALLY found a hole that is under the driver's side of the rear seat. I popped the grommet out and there was the carpet. I tried MANY other small grommets but they seemed to lead nowhere except into a pool of slimy rust proofing. Anyway while I was removing the grommet it slipped out of my fingers and fell. The problem is it did not make it to the ground. I think it may be on top of the fuel tank as I managed to wriggle and squeeze my arm up and fished all around but to no avail. Now I have a rather large hole that needs to be sealed and don't really want to be driving it in wet weather until I get another grommet for it. It looks to be about 2 inches in diameter but grommets usually come in 1/8 inch increments. Anybody know FOR SURE what size it is? It is on the rear floor pan just about above the frame rail......maybe very slightly inside of it.

·
Registered
534 Posts
That sucks. I just ran an antenna thru that exact grommet not two weeks ago. I couldn't swear that it's two inches, but it's gotta be close.

That said, no way to get a shop vac blowing in reverse, or a leaf blower up there to try and blow the grommet off of the tank?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.