·
Registered
26 Posts
i have a 2016 tundra pro model,
and in order to maintain
its already killer stock suspension
(no lifts or any type of kits),...
this past Sat, 4WP and i did a body chop
and plastic liner trimout to create plenty of clearance for offroading (took into consideration serious up travel
into the wheel well)
the result was amazing,...
and enjoyed the creative process too
(see photos: pics1~3>bodyMountTrim,
pics4+5>plasLinerTrimout,
pics6+7>after&before)

bottom line is
"got my 35x12.5x17 KO2s on
with extra wiggle room,
And they stick out 2 inches"
:+1::+1:

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
-Bilstein 5100 front and rear . Front at top notch ( 2.5" ) . Rear stock height . - Phantom 20X9 +30 offset .
-BF Goodrich LT285-65-20 KO2 . -1 inch wheel spacers .

Mods : Pull out Front Bumper 1/2 inch with 3/8" X 1/2" spacers . - Little mud flaps deleted .

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
I used the suggestions and pics from 310Z's original post to slightly adjust the fender linings forward. I also trimmed the mud flaps on rear of fender to allow for a little extra space. I have the rough country 3/1 on my truck and 1 1/4" wheel spacers. I have 295/70R18 Nitto Terra G2s on factory SR5 TRD wheels and have no rubbing issues at all.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I am running Pro Comp's Pro runner adjustable struts set at top level (2.75") with 20"x 9" XD Heist Rims wrapped in 305/55/20 Nitto Grapplers as well as 1.5 inch wheel spacers.

I have a 2013 LTD DC and my screw/tabs are different than OP's. Went to do this mod after having a long time terrible rubbing (year and a half) yesterday. After realizing my setup was different ,noticing how messed up my liner was from my tires, as well as multiple tabs missing and screws fell out under the bumper holding it on to the frame in all 3 holes , I went full sicko and removed the entire lower liner and used to screws to secure the bumper under.

Will see how this plays out....

Possible DIY to cover foglight wiring in the near future.. or just send a new bumper

·
Registered
6 Posts
How did the 275/65/20 fit with factory 20" i have 3/1 lift and just ordered tires. I am worried they will not fit or rub the SPC Upper Control Arms. Any advice is appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys I have a 13 tundra and am working on getting ready to buy some new wheels and tires. I have a 6" lift from rough country, a little bigger honestly because I am using a spacer from toytec Instead for the lift. I am wanting some 22s wrapped in 37s if possible, and am pretty set on it. Most posts on here are for 35s on smaller lifts. Looking at what issues I may run into with rubbing. Have 33s on stock wheels, and was looking at some Havok 22x11 with a negative 24 offset. Wrapped in atturo 37x13.50x22s. Am open to thinner or different offsets if yall think they will fit better.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I used the 'tuck the plastic' method found earlier in this thread. Unscrew the screws and bolts, fold the liner into the fog housing area, bolt/screw everything back in. The screws don't secure much any more, but whatever. Pics or it didn't happen.

From the top

Money shot

Forgot to mention, these are 295/70r18s on +25 SCS wheels.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Thank you for this mod! Just put 35" Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ P3's on my 2011 and there is absolutely zero rubbing now. ?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Hey guys I have a 13 tundra and am working on getting ready to buy some new wheels and tires. I have a 6" lift from rough country, a little bigger honestly because I am using a spacer from toytec Instead for the lift. I am wanting some 22s wrapped in 37s if possible, and am pretty set on it. Most posts on here are for 35s on smaller lifts. Looking at what issues I may run into with rubbing. Have 33s on stock wheels, and was looking at some Havok 22x11 with a negative 24 offset. Wrapped in atturo 37x13.50x22s. Am open to thinner or different offsets if yall think they will fit better.
What did you end up with?

161 - 171 of 171 Posts