Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

41 - 60 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
That looks great. Glad the information could help.

·
Super Moderator
5,321 Posts
Thanks for the addition. I knew they changed the design at 2011 or 2012 but did not have photos to post. It looks as if a similar mod could be done and /or tuck the liner up inside the bumper as I did on a 2010 as they came that way.
Did the design change or do you have the color matched resin bumper?

·
Registered
238 Posts
For the 295 70/18 with a 3/1 level kit is it necessary to remove the back mud flap on the front fender or just the little front flap?

·
Registered
139 Posts
For the 295 70/18 with a 3/1 level kit is it necessary to remove the back mud flap on the front fender or just the little front flap?
I have the same question...I am getting a 2.5" level on the front and already have about an inch or so in the rear from the SuperSprings. I'm wanting to get 295/70/18, right now I'm running 285/65/18.....can it be done? Should it be done? Do I care? Some told me I couldn't run my gooseneck in a crewmax, I said screw you, and it worked!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,382 Posts
I should realize which vehicle I am in and adjust and drive more like the gray hair I have and I am in a truck but I am getting old and I do not adjust that fast to change. So I just keep hauling A$$.
Sounds like a great excuse, I will use that too from now on! :D
Rob

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #47

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks for the detailed write up! Fairly easy and eliminated any rub I had with the 35's.

·
Registered
812 Posts
hey i know this is an old thread but i need some urgent help, i have an 07 crewmax limited and i have the lro 3/1 installed and i just put on 285/65r20 bfg all terrains and im having some issues, i trimmed the skid plate so all the rubbing is gone from that. but now at full lock the tires rub on the sway bar in the front

·
Registered
473 Posts
hey i know this is an old thread but i need some urgent help, i have an 07 crewmax limited and i have the lro 3/1 installed and i just put on 285/65r20 bfg all terrains and im having some issues, i trimmed the skid plate so all the rubbing is gone from that. but now at full lock the tires rub on the sway bar in the front
Well... you could get a bigger lift... OR, you could remove your sway bar... OR, you could weld on some steering stops...

A few ideas that others have done

·
Registered
812 Posts
so this is a common issue? i just never heard anyone else mention it, i mean it only barely rubs at full lock, its not that big of an issue and i hardly ever turn lock to lock.

·
Registered
473 Posts
so this is a common issue? i just never heard anyone else mention it, i mean it only barely rubs at full lock, its not that big of an issue and i hardly ever turn lock to lock.
Yes... common issue depending on your setup. If you do some poking around here... You'll find others that have dealt with the same thing. With the leveling kit and 33's mine rubbed at full lock and backup and sometimes in hard turns.

I don't have that setup anymore... and I don't have any rubbing at all.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Are you running 33s and rubbing? I have the exact same truck and put the 3" supreme suspensions kit running 35s with out rub issues. ..... is there any previous tweeking maybe?

sent from my Galaxy S4

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
Remove the sway bar or add spacers

·
Registered
238 Posts
A lot of it depends on the offset of your wheels. Two people can run the same size tire with different offsets and it will work for one and not the other.

·
Registered
139 Posts
A lot of it depends on the offset of your wheels. Two people can run the same size tire with different offsets and it will work for one and not the other.
Good point! I am running the stock TRD 18s

sent from my Galaxy S4

·
Premium Member
1,382 Posts
Good point! I am running the stock TRD 18s

sent from my Galaxy S4
Offset can make or break ya. +30 on mine with 33" and I am fine. Nothing rubs at any speed or turn degree, or backwards. Of course I try to keep it under 55 at full lock turns.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Offset can make or break ya. +30 on mine with 33" and I am fine. Nothing rubs at any speed or turn degree, or backwards. Of course I try to keep it under 55 at full lock turns.
Your skid control kicks in at full lock turns in reverse at 55 mph also. Those darn nannies.

41 - 60 of 171 Posts