Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is NOT a problem, I am NOT complaining or need a fix. This being said.....

I have my headrest a few clicks up. While driving down the road, without seat the seat belt on (and well after the chime stops) I can grab the head rest post of the passenger seat and pull in the direction of the drivers seat (about 15-20 pounds pull, pretty hard but not crazy) and the seat belt chime will sound....and stop as soon as released.

I could get it to 'ding' one time if I wanted.

This is NOT because I am lifting my butt off the seat.....it has something to do with torque on the passenger seat.

Done in a 07 DC 4X2.

I am going to try it in one of my other Tundras to see if it will do the same.

Stupid....but odd.

~JH

·
Premium Member
920 Posts
Just one question...is the passenger seat air bag on or off? Sounds like you may be messing with the weight sensor for the passenger seat...I usually set the chime off by placeing something heavy in the seat....

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Do the newer tundras not have an on or off switch of P airbags? I haven't looked but I don't ever remember seeing one

Reactions: Ogtoyfan

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
I'll have to try this in the tundra. My 09 Tacoma would do it. Sometime if stretching my shoulder it would start the chime. I eventually disabled all of the chimes using the odometer trick ... Wish it worked on the new tundras

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
5,324 Posts
I'll have to try this in the tundra. My 09 Tacoma would do it. Sometime if stretching my shoulder it would start the chime. I eventually disabled all of the chimes using the odometer trick ... Wish it worked on the new tundras

You can disable all the chimes with Techstream.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
You can disable all the chimes with Techstream.
That's the word on the street. Asked my dealer when I first got it and they said no. Gonna try the whole alarm activation and give them the instructions. If they go for that maybe they can do the chimes too. My tacomas blew tho because it would keep coming back on ... At least when the tundras go off they stay off

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
Reactions: ebone3 and Ogtoyfan

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Reactions: Ogtoyfan and RIjon

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
BS on the safety claim, we do it upon request. As with any setting adjustments, normally complimentary at the first service but I use a rule of thumb and just use Toyota Care as a reference. Within 2 years or 25,000 miles, I'll do it complimentary.

After that, it's just a tech stream hook up so just what it takes to pay the tech and not get killed, $35.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
^^^$35 bucks.... hell it's 99 bucks here just to have them hook the tech stream up....

·
Registered
2,327 Posts

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts