Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put in an LCQ-1, sub, 2 amps, and new speakers.

Getting a popping/cracking noise whenever I turn the car off coming mainly from the speakers but also a little from the sub. Is this a grounding issue?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Are you running a remote turn on wire to the LCQ-1 or are you running it so that it turns on when it senses a signal from the head unit? A thump is generally feedback through the system when the amps turn off. I experienced the same thing and cured it when I switched the internal jumper to turn "GTO" off and ran an actual remote turn on wire.

Reactions: Powertechn2

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
I'm curious where this goes...

·
Registered
333 Posts
When you had the LCQ-1 all set up did you get the green "maximized" light on?
Not really. I tuned on it for a little while and then set the gains on the LCQ-1 at half way and turned the gains all the way down on the amps. I turned the head unit volume up to 40 and then turned the amp gains up until I heard distortion and then backed them off a touch. I was pretty happy with the settings at that point.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah got the gains set pretty much spot on with my multimeter and it sounds good.

Tried to move that GTO jumper over to "defeat" setting with no luck. When you did that how did you have your remote turn on's? I currently moved them out of the "output" on the LCQ-1 and just tied them together with the "input" wire from the LCQ-1 as well as my remote tie in from the cig lighter.

Could this have anything to do with my remote on feed from the cig lighter staying "on" for a little bit after key is removed? I wouldnt think so...Need to get this sorted out though it sounds terrible.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I ran from the grey wire on the cigarette lighter to the remote in on the LCQ-1 and then from the remote out on the LCQ-1 to the amps. I have bucket seats and the console shift in my truck and the cigarette lighter on the left side of the cubby hole I n front of the shifter is switched with the ignition and that is the one I used. The power ports on the right side of the cubby and in my center console are hot all the time.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok well I am an idiot and just took apart my center console again to find out that I tapped into BOTH red wires going into that left cig lighter in the console...No idea wtf I was thinking or not thinking there but maybe this is causing some loop or feed problem with the remote on/off. Will update when I only tap into 1 wire.

Still not sure how i managed to forget i already tapped into 1 and did it again to the other.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
FOUND PROBLEM:

Do NOT tap into the cig lighter that is located inside the center console on the drivers side. After re-reading your last post lok-n-load I realized you meant the one in front when you said "grey" wire. Tapped into that guy and all poppin/cracking went bye bye.

Thanks for all the help. Now onto tuning.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Great. Glad you got it to work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts