Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking into a few Tundra CM's 4x4 5.7L
I'm debating between CPO and New.
I'm going in to look at a 2017 CM SR5 4x4 and they are asking 34,995 before tax's and registrations with 30k Miles.
I mean it's almost a no brainer, but after researching, I believe invoice pricing on a 2019 SR5 CM is roughly below 37K out the door.

Do you think dealers will come down to invoice pricing on these trucks or will they try to stay at their MSRP of like 42k?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Yeah, I was looking at a certified '16 with 30k for $29k. I bought same package truck for $35 new. I drive a lot of miles so starting with a 30k mile truck that's 3yrs old didn't seem like the thing to do. I can drive this truck up to 80-90k miles and it'll still be worth a good bit on trade or sell. I suppose if you don't drive a lot and plan on keeping the truck you would make out buying the cpo and saving the difference.

·
Registered
48 Posts
When I bought my 17 crewmax I looked at both as well. To get anything with low miles was so close to the price of new I just went new. It's crazy how well they hold their value.

·
Registered
66 Posts
When I bought my 17 crewmax I looked at both as well. To get anything with low miles was so close to the price of new I just went new. It's crazy how well they hold their value.
Same here. Started looking for used low miles and found out they cost just about as much as new. Looked in Sept and Oct of 2016 for a leftover 2016 and couldn't find a crewmax, only DCs. Ended up with a new 2017 crewmax. The only thing I miss is having the 7 yr 100k warranty you get with CPO.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts