Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2012 CM 5.7L V8 4X4...Finally decided I'm going to "Murder" her out.

Had a 6" PC stage 1 lift installed shortly after purchase and 35" TOYO MT's on 20" XD Hoss's. Additionally had the existing seats re-wrapped with leathers by the dealership.

This past weekend my three month old son Kayden(K.C.) and I decided to de-badge her for step one, which is now complied with thanks to a 3M eraser wheel. We/I spent an hour alone on the first iForce badge trying to remove the adhesive before I said to hell with it and went down to O'Reily's and picked one up...Definitely worth the $ paid for how quickly all the rest of the badges' adhesive came off...I used dental floss to remove the badges and the wheel and WD-40 for the remaining adhesive. Then had her cleaned up with a wash/wax after we were done. It rained later that afternoon... :mad:

Step two will be adding more performance parts, I will be installing an Airaid CAI w/ throttle body spacer here in the next weekend or so (going mudding this weekend so most likely not this weekend) and then installing a Magnaflow split straight back exhaust the second or third week of March when my Brother-from-another-mother returns from his year long tour from the R.O.K. We will be installing the exhaust together while throwing some brew-haha's back and catching up on life from the last six months...He's also K.C.'s Godfather so he'll be meeting the midget for the first time.

Step three will be tint matching the front windows to the back, probably 20%, and powder coating my bumpers along with a new grill and some Bushwacker fenders I'll get for the 29th birthday coming up.

I figure that will put me to April easy and then I'll go from there. Will also be doing the BHLM and BTLM probably randomly in-between now and step three so will go from there on whats next...I might plasti-dip my wheels to fit the all black theme or just have them coated as well, haven't decided. Anyways figure that'll be a good few steps so on to the pics...

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Truck looks good !!!!!

Reactions: SoCalCoz

·
Registered
118 Posts
The black and chrome hoss's look good with that color truck

·
"BHLM Master"
3,232 Posts
Nice rig man. Baby pic is the better though, lol!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I want to debadge so bad, but sooo worried about taking that wheel to the paint on a truck with 1100 miles on it. Sure would hate to burn up paint on my first brand new vehicle... any tips?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
@HerTundra: You can press as hard as you can against the paint with the wheel and all it will do is take the adhesive off faster and burn through your wheel quicker =P. I was a little nervous at first too but it honestly does what it says and leaves your paint in perfect condition...Go get one, you'll be de-badged in less than two hours.

@Big: Thanks brother, he's my pride and joy! Gotta say though, I just spent a good five minutes easy scrolling through your build...where did you pick up your hardware/spikes for your Bushwackers?! That rig is Sharp!!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update: Feb 23rd 2012

We ended up putting mudding/off-roading off until tomorrow so I went ahead and installed the Airaid CAI and Throttle Body Spacer. Quick easy install and happy with the outcome!

TBC...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update: Feb 24th 2013

Took her Mudding/Off-Roading at Kirby Lake here today in Abilene. The Airaid CAI shield wall kept the filter super dry, not even a spec of mud or water in the cavity it makes, very impressed! After that just enjoyed ourselves...Gonna be a bitch to wash LOL!

Next mod will probably be BHLM and swapping bulbs from factory...Anyone recommend any particular bulbs?

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
I went with an HID kit and am really happy with the outcome. Its a 35w 6000k kit from ddmtuning.com they're only $30 plus shipping right now.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update: May 2nd 2013

Been really crazy with work the last two months and with life as usual...Anyways, with all that aside I just had the Bumpers/Rockers Rhino-lined, Front windows Tinted to match the Rears and a Brow Tint added to the Windshield. I still have my Magnaflow Exhaust sitting in the garage and am planning on installing it this weekend so will update again once its installed...Onto the pics of the goods!!!:cool:

Reactions: Jesco and akspd

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Killer boots man! :thumbsup::lol5:

Seriously, the truck is lookin awesome bro. I really like the line-x idea on the rockers too

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
@Calvinator: Thanks man, I'm a Load Crew Team Chief for the B-1's stationed here...Load the bombs, drag my knuckles, make things go Boom...Just a simple man.

@Jwoutdoors: I see what you did there! That's funny, yeah I was super stoked with how it turned out. Now I've got the itch to hurry up and get my Bushwackers ordered and Rhinoed/Installed so the entire leading edge of the truck will be complete.

Reactions: jwoutdoors

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Update: May 6th 2013 (Fun Weekend!)

As I had stated last week, I have been extremely busy on the weekends for about the last two months with Work(Military), the Family, School, CVMA stuff, Life and everything else in-between so hadn't been able to do any of the projects I had been meaning too....Well, not anymore! :lol5:

This weekend I finally installed my exhaust(had been teasing me in the garage for over a month) and knocked out both the BHLM and BTLM...I was extremely happy with how both my Head and Tail lights turned out; and like someone had said in a previous post(in regards to baking your headlights), it really wasn't that difficult...You just had to convince yourself you know what you are doing :cool:

As far as my exhaust goes, I had purchased a Magnaflow dual-in, dual-out, split, straight back system to replace the stock exhaust. Removal was a breeze and even installing the replacement system from the Cats to the Muffler went fine...Problem I ran into though is that the tubing from the Muffler back would not align correctly on my lifted truck with sway bar in comparison to how it would align on a stock Tundra.

The tubing should run just outside the leafspring's but with my configuration/sway bar, my hardware is in its path. The mounting points from the tubing that connect to the rubber assembly pieces would not reach and even getting them as close together as I could(by myself), the tubing was stuck up against the sway bar(metal-on-metal chaffing!) and was still several inches away from even attempting to connect them(Boo!). As a temp fix I just left it dumped and then went down to a local shop where a guy I know confirmed what I had already attested(Insert explicit language used by me :mad:).

I ended up just installing the tips which came with the kit directly onto the muffler and we agreed that there was enough separation(just over a foot so most of the air had dispersed) between the end of the tips and the closest part of the rear-end(A hot rear-end is a No-no!). My bud works with a lot of Chevy's too and said he'd seen several configured damn near the same way/closer than mine, and that actually towed as there main usage(210K miles+) and were just fine. As a precaution I wrapped the brake lines where the exhuast flows over the rear-end to make sure they don't melt.

Aside from the $150.00 of extra tubing I now have in the garage I was actually very pleased with the way everything turned out and prefer not seeing the exhaust pipes...Now onto the Pics!!! :D

As far as next mods go the only thing I'll probably update before I deploy here in the very near future is my 3D Floormats I ordered last week which I just read on the thread are on backorder for over a month in Black :mad:

Once I get back though and while I'm gone I'm sure I'll be scheming over what to spend my deployed money on...Bushwackers/Rhinoed, Oracles and Grille will be first on the list...After that and if the Wiff lets me :p I'll probably look at a guard with winch, light bar, etc, etc, etc.

Anyways, hope you enjoyed the read/pics and make sure to vote for my truck as the May-Rain-Truck in the TOTM forum thread! :D

Cheers! - Coz

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
That is one good looking ride man.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Update: May 7th 2013

Not a huge update but received 1/2 of my 3D floor mats I ordered on Wednesday of last week(Front mats). Super fast delivery so Kudos goes out to Joe and his team from Auto Distributor Direct for the expeditious service...Now I'll just be waiting for the back mats to come in from back order. :(

Anyways, phone shots of the mats and drivers side in place.

TBC...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Update: 7-11 day 2013

Well it's close to time for me to head back across the pond and defend freedom once again so this will be my last build update until I get back stateside in early 2014.

It has been two months since I ordered my 3D floor mats which are so highly recommended here on the site but I have still yet to receive my back mats...Doesn't look like I'll be seeing them until I return so maybe that will be my next build update :cool:

Aside from that Big Black or BB as I call her got to check out her living quarters while I'm gone. Will be jack standing the truck and removing the tires on top of a few other things to help both the suspension and critter prevention while I'm downrange.

Won't be a stranger to the site but for now I'm signing out, Dueces!

- Coz

1 - 20 of 27 Posts