Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installing a new Pioneer AVH-X8500BHS in my Tundra, have a couple of questions.

1. Anyone know if it's possible to use the existing XM antenna with the new head unit?

2. Can anyone tell me or point me to a spot on the web where I can see how to wire the Parking Brake Bypass for DVD on the unit? I know that microbypass sells them, but want to see if it's easier just to run to Radio Shack and get a relay or a toggle switch.

Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
It is possible to use the factory xm antena but it requires an adaptor and I haven been able to find any for almost 2 years now, I used to keep a few in stock but the company I was buying them from went out of business, Toyota uses a different xm antenna plug than anyone else. It you can pull the antenna off the roof and solder the wire for the xm antenna that comes with your new tuner right into the antena.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
333 Posts
You might be better at building electronics than I am so you may be able to build a parking brake bypass but the Pioneer decks require a relay to disable the parking brake. It is not just a simple ground like it was in the old days. The $20 I spent on the bypass was well worth not going through the headache of trying to build one on my own.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts