Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Picked up a 2010 Tundra RCSB 4x4 a few months ago. Drove it stock for a bit while I planned out the upcoming mods. Absolutley loved the Sparks LED panel kit for under the headlights. Looks like a really high quality kit, but just couldn't fork over the $350+ shipping for it (allthough no doubt worth it). This week, I removed my OEM trim panels and did some prototype work. I fabricated 4 individual fixtures on the back with T10 bulb sockets. Made a mold of the entire assembly, then cast them in clear resin with a circular light diffuser pattern over each light. Taped off each light section with a round circle then primed/painted them in OEM white to match. Removed, the mask and then two more coats of clear. Finally installed 5W white LED's into each socket and wired them into the DRL's. I'm really happy with the result, and the fit is perfect.

Ohh year, I also opened up my headlights, removed the amber marker lenses. I made a mold of them, cast them in clear and then reinstalled the clear lenses. I also replaced the stock bulbs with a 5W white LED in there as well. I got all kinds of compliments on my lighting today at a show. Looking for some opinions from fellow Tundra owners. I've got more pics and better pics on my camera, just have to pull them off tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
I'm digging the clear over the amber. Looks wickend nice especially on with the white

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks alot, yes I'm quite happy with the clean n clear front end now. I'm waiting on a reply regarding vendor status on the forum so I wont discuss it too much, but I'll probably be selling the clear and smoked (or other colors) headlight reflectors as well as the panels under the headlights that are setup for LED's. They take an inexpensive sockets I picked up on ebay :

10x T10 W5W 168 194 Light Instrument LED SMD Bulb Extension Connector Socket US | eBay

And then whatever T10 , 194 wedge style LED you choose. White, blue, red, amber, etc. I am personally using these.

10 x White T10 Samsung 5W 10 SMD 5630 High Power LED SMD 194 W5W Projector Lens | eBay

1 - 10 of 10 Posts