Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a 2012 Tundra 5.7L gas engine. I was driving today, made a right turn into a parking lot and it died! I managed to coast into a parking space and tried to restart. No luck. I did discover what I guess is a Toyota feature. When you turn the key to start and release back to the ON position, it keeps cranking. I was unaware of this and so was a little concerned, but after some Google searches I guess this is normal.

I hooked up a ODBII scanner and got codes P0113 and P0102. Research showed these codes were for the Mass Air Flow Sensor and the Inlet Air Temperature sensor.

On the Tundra, the IAT is part of the MAF, so I replaced the MAF sensor. No help.

I did some more checking and found that the fuel pump fuse was blown. Looked like a simple fix, so I replaced that. No help.

I can hear the fuel pump relay clicking when the key is turned to ON, and I can hear the fuel pump spinning.

I am under the assumption that once the fuel pump builds up pressure then it stops spinning/whining, but mine keeps going. Is this normal for a Tundra fuel pump?

Could I still have a bad fuel pump?

Thanks for any assistance

Don

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hey so idk if you watch to much youtube, but chrisfix uploaded a utube video today about this, go watch it and check everything he does

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts