Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still on the original battery for my 2013 Tundra Crewmax. It's a 27R (F) Toyota/Exide battery and has been great despite having to clean up any corrosion occasionally. I'm trying not to break the bank with a new battery purchase but I'm also interested in getting an AGM (truck does sit more over the summer months since since I don't go to work daily) and I'm tired of dealing with leakage.

So, I'm looking at a current Costco/Interstate option right now. I can get what's basically an Interstate MTX-24F through Costco for $159.99. It has a 3 year full replacement warranty.

CCA is 710
RC is 120min
Amp Hours @ 20hr is 70

My stock Exide is 710CCA/165RC.

We do tow a boat but the trailer has surge brakes, not electric.

Should I have any reservations with this battery choice?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I'm considering getting the same battery for my 2012 Crewmax.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ended up buying one and it's been great. And without having to commute to work right now, the truck sits more and the AGM handles that much better than a wet battery. They were hard to find in my area, though, I had to wait for new shipment...so make sure you clarify you are looking for the AGM Group 24 battery. They have a ton of the non-AGM versions and they can get confused.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've bought car batteries from Costco ever since they started selling them but never an AGM. I've never had an issue with any of them and all have lasted at least twice as long as the warranty period.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts