1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
10,982 Posts
I'd like to hear some reveiws too. I'm thinking of trying them this summer when my AT3 wear out. Or maybe the trying the S/T MAXX.

·
Premium Member
39,325 Posts
I had them on a cummins. They look good, not too loud and pretty good in the rain.

·
Premium Member
3,602 Posts
I'm thinking about trying those out when my Federales wear out. I definitely like the way they look.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Took the plunge and ordered them up...not cheap!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discoverer STT

I had a set of these on a Dodge Ram50 4x4 I used to own.

The tires were awesome offroad as they had unbelievable grip in the snow and mud; they weren't too noisy on the roads and highways.

However, their durability was the worst. They were shot within 20k miles.

I think the STT stands for Super Tough Tread, but the rubber seemed to be way too stiff as the tire treads wore away quickly and I wasn't driving the truck hard.

I replaced them with a set of lower end Michelins, and the new tires lasted me for over 70k miles, so the excessively fast wear of the Coopers definitely was not due to the truck or my driving style.

- Gr8ful

·
Registered
244 Posts
Had them on my FJ Cruiser for about 45k miles. Pretty good tires. Super in the snow and general trails but despite the "mud" designation were only OK in the thick and slimy stuff. In one snow storm I dragged out of snow banks and ditches etc. 5 other vehicles to include a chevy 2500 and a cop car so they do alright there as well.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have had Cooper STT, Cooper ST and now I have Cooper ST MAXX... My least favorite tires out of the 3 were the STT, when they were about 50% they were loud and didnt last long after that. My favorite tire by far are the ST MAXX. They are still aggressive and are not loud at freeway speeds. I think cooper makes a great tire, I will never get anything else.

Reactions: tridacna

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
old pic. tough tire. dont expect a a quite ride. but its not to bad.

very aggressive look.
Wont be any louder than the studded snows Im running now...

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What size did you get and what did they run you?
275/70-18 and will mount on OEM TRD wheels (I have 2 sets and run studded snows on the second set)

·
Registered
80 Posts
275/70-18 and will mount on OEM TRD wheels (I have 2 sets and run studded snows on the second set)
That's what size I am running right now just in the ST Maxx. Good tire.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Tires look awesome despite the high cost. Scrape the skid plate at full over lock turn despite what the sticky says. Ill take care of that...otherwise woke up to a flat...seems TownFair Tire didn't tighten up the valve stem...nothin I hate more than having to go back for second visit cause of sloppy work.

Reactions: Rockporter

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Had them on my '07 Colly. They were loud but I liked the sound they made. After about 10k miles they showed minimal wear but that may be due to my truck being much lighter than a fullsize or HD pickup.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts