Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got tired of poking around the internet and not finding what out how to remove my console lid so I started poking around the lid. I've seen some directions for removing the lid that were way more complicated than this was to do.

My console has the plastic organizer on the underside of the lid like this:

This is what the underside looks like:
[url=https://flic.kr/p/T1NC4P]
IMG_20170313_203703_138

The tabs that hold the organizer in can be seen - there's two main ones on the organizer and four others on a piece that is in the console lid. To remove this from your console lid, slide a hand in the tissue storage area and pull straight out(towards the dash when lid is open). Find a way to slide a finger under the bottom edge on the passenger side and pull also. Lift the bottom of the organizer up toward horizontal. The top of the organizer(near the latch) has tabs which will still be in place. Once the organizer is clear of the tabs and raised areas along the side of the organizer pull the organizer down(towards the floor of the truck). You will now be able to see the four screws on the hinge arms. Remove those, and viola, you have your console lid off.
Screw are the silver spots in this pic:
IMG_20170313_204236_260

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for you writeup. I wanted to point out that my 2007 is different. There are 2 screws that hold that cover on and pulling on it would destroy the cover (plus you would have to pull very hard). On my 2007 the secret is to extend the lid forward as far as possible. With hatch down, at the rear there is a plastic cover that is exposed when you slide the top all the way forward. Now raise the hatch and on each side of that cover(on the inside) there is a gap on each side where the cover clips on. Using a flatdlade screwdriver in each side the cover to lever it open, the sides are unsnapped then you can pull it out the back. Once that is done it exposes 2 screws that hold on the inner cover. On my 2007 those 2 screws are the only thing that hold it on. Remove those and the cover and the rest is just like the above description. I want to thank all those that posted on how to fix the latch when it breaks. Mine broke after 13 years and the fix was easy and genius. Cam.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts