Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, i'm new here as i'm considering buying an 07 tundra crewmax 5.7. i'll be buying it from a friend of mine. He's the original owner and last i saw it looked good. Never wrecked with 90k miles(mostly highway) recent water pump replaced and new brakes. My friend owns an auto parts warehouse and i know he maintains all his cars well. Is there anything I should be aware of in the truck? i plan to daily drive it as I'm a home builder/contractor.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE=I don't think you can go wrong with a 2007-2008 tundra if the money is right :thumbsup: And, the 5.7 is pure beast. :woot:

i think i'm getting a steal at $16k, hopefully i take possession by the end of the weekend.

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
Mine is a 2011 cm 5.7L, with 95k. I had the drive shaft issue, but other than that no problems. I put on a CAI, and exhaust. I get 18 mpg on the highway with Terra Grappler tires. Almost 20 with Michelin highway tires. Very big inside, pulls boat with no problem. Great truck with no issues. .

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the reply everyone.i've been searching with little success about tuning these trucks. seems there's not too many options and the available options are not very promising. Any of you tune your trucks? I tuned my AMG E63 and love everything the tune has done to the car. it added HP as well as made the tranny shift much better. the car is a beast to begin with and with a tune its that much better, was hoping a tune on these things will yield similar results.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts