Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still in the market for a new Toyota Tundra, have been looking for quite awhile but I tend to get very confusing on toyota's website option package.

Questions.

1. Is there 2 different package for the limited option? Ive seen, Limited and Platinum. The website only allows for a Platinum. What is the difference between the two package?

2. Is it possible to get the TRD offroad package with the platinum options? Like leather heated cooled seats, JBL, dvd, back up cameral ect ect?

3. Does the platinum package come with the towing package?

Basically this is what I would like.
A Pyrite Mica crewmax trd off road package with a platinum interior. Is that out of the question?

·
"Resident Liberal"
12,231 Posts
All V8's come with the towing package. Unless they changed it

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Cannot get a Platinum in Pyrite or with the Offroad package. Not all V-8s come with a tow package. It's either a standalone option (TO) or is part of the SR5 package (SP)

·
Registered
13,349 Posts
According to the 2010 book the platinum series comes only in Black, Salsa Red, Sky Silver, and Slate. Platinum also has P275/55R20 tires, Daytime Running Lights (DRL), DVD Navigation System with backup monitor, JBL audio with Bluetooth, It's either XM or Sirius for 3 months, Heated and Cooled seats, Up and Down Driver and Passenger powered windows, Glass Breaking Snesor (GBS), Door sill protectors with Platinum logo. Tow packages are standard on Limited models. Tow packages aren't available with V-6's.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I can't find a direct link (sorry), but if you follow the steps below, it will take you to the individual options and their prices. I added a couple of items from the list myself when I ordered my truck.

*Goto Toyota.com
*Click Build your Toyota/ enter zip code
*Select Tundra
*Select cab size
*Click the Accesories link

·
Registered
350 Posts
The website is very confusing in the way you have to build the truck. Best thing to do it download the brochure and go from there. Then check truecar.com or edmunds.com to work up a price.

·
"The General"
4,172 Posts
When I used the Toyota "Build your truck" it kept trying to direct me towards options available on trucks currently available in market...not really allow me to build MY truck. It is very f'n annoying to use. For instance, just now it looks like I can only get Limited in black, since that is all my local dealership has in stock. An f'n sales tool, not a tool for buyers.

·
Registered
350 Posts
When I used the Toyota "Build your truck" it kept trying to direct me towards options available on trucks currently available in market...not really allow me to build MY truck. It is very f'n annoying to use. For instance, just now it looks like I can only get Limited in black, since that is all my local dealership has in stock. An f'n sales tool, not a tool for buyers.
Yeah, the build tool sucks. It bundles options that are available separately.

·
"The General"
4,172 Posts
Yeah, the build tool sucks. It bundles options that are available separately.
I think that is because those are what is available on vehicles at your local dealership.

NOTE: Ford does something very similar. It helps to make a quick sale, but it's a pain for people who really want to research their options. It does help with reducing the time you waste going from dealer to dealer looking for a truck configuration that doesn't exist.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I think that is because those are what is available on vehicles at your local dealership.

NOTE: Ford does something very similar. It helps to make a quick sale, but it's a pain for people who really want to research their options. It does help with reducing the time you waste going from dealer to dealer looking for a truck configuration that doesn't exist.
But, at least the Ford one give the option of building completely from scratch. The Tundra I ended up buying I could not build on the Toyota site.

·
Premium Member
993 Posts
Still in the market for a new Toyota Tundra, have been looking for quite awhile but I tend to get very confusing on toyota's website option package.

Questions.

1. Is there 2 different package for the limited option? Ive seen, Limited and Platinum. The website only allows for a Platinum. What is the difference between the two package?

2. Is it possible to get the TRD offroad package with the platinum options? Like leather heated cooled seats, JBL, dvd, back up cameral ect ect?

3. Does the platinum package come with the towing package?

Basically this is what I would like.
A Pyrite Mica crewmax trd off road package with a platinum interior. Is that out of the question?
build a toyota site is confusing because it limits what is available for order for the region of your zip code. as indy stated you cannot get a platinum in any color except black, silver, slate metallic, and salsa red pearl. you cannot get the TRD package with Platinum you can get TRD with the limited though, if you need more help PM me i'll be glad to help out. ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts