Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I've been reading up on searching but haven't heard of any rubbing while going into on ramps.

My issue is this:
I currently have 20x9 +25 Novocaine BMF wheels running 295/65/20s and a 3-1 level kit. I don't have front mud guards and removed some of my plastics in front of the wheel well. I have no rubbing, however, when entering or exiting an on/off ramp, I get rubbing. Not serious, but enough that it affects control-ability.

Will getting 295/60 work better? Or should I even drop down to a 285? From what I've read everyone was pretty happy with 296/60s

Thanks,
Mark

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Could you be rubbing on your skid plate? Or is it the body mount?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Doing some intensive searching. I came across some threads about 33s or 305/55s. I really like the look of the 35s but if its rubbing during on/off ramps, I'm getting rid of them.

Can anyone speak on behalf of the 295/60s (34s) with the 3-1 kit?

I found the following pic which has 305/55 (33s) Not bad actually.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have 305/55/20 on a 3/1 level kit with no rub. 35s seemed like too much hassle to me. I didn't want to have to chop body mounts.

Reactions: shiggydiggy

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Reactions: NJMonster

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Are you sure its rubbing the bm? Did you remove the mud flap that goes over the bm? Did you push the fender liner in? I'm running 35x12.5x18 +12 offset with a 3/1 and no bm issues what so ever.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Positive. I'll take a photo of where it rubs. Mud flaps gone and I've pushed the fender liner in as much as I can. I used a heat gun to push the fender liner.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Doing some intensive searching. I came across some threads about 33s or 305/55s. I really like the look of the 35s but if its rubbing during on/off ramps, I'm getting rid of them.

Can anyone speak on behalf of the 295/60s (34s) with the 3-1 kit?

I found the following pic which has 305/55 (33s) Not bad actually.
Wow! What rims/tires are those?!?! Those would look beeeee-yooootiful on my 13 Black CM!

·
Read Only
0 Posts
My buddy has the same setup as me with a 3/1 but with bmf 10 offset I think. His will rub a little bit going into a curve hard. He has To go 295/60s. I think with a 25 offset you might be better. Not 100% sure though. I run 305/55 with no issues on 30 offset XD Hoss

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
I have 295/60/20s and i had to remove the mud flap and push in the front plastic. i am running them on the 9" wide bbs wheels

i now have absolutely no rubbing anywhere.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have 295/60/20s and i had to remove the mud flap and push in the front plastic. i am running them on the 9" wide bbs wheels

i now have absolutely no rubbing anywhere.
So we have identical set ups... however, I'm running 295/65/20 and I only rub on the body mount. I dont have my mud flaps and I've actually removed the front plastics. I also pushed the upper plastic in toward the engine bay using a heat gun.

My wheels are 20x9 wth a 25 offset. With your current 295/60s you dont rub on a curve when taking it on an on-ramp?

Below is where I rub, back of the wheel well.

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
not at all.
maybe its the 65 portion of the tire
i also have the 1.5" wheel spacers but it should nt make a difference
hmmmm

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
not at all.
maybe its the 65 portion of the tire
i also have the 1.5" wheel spacers but it should nt make a difference
hmmmm
Oh cool... That's comforting to hear. I'd really like to go with the 295/60 (34s) option rather than going all the way down to 33s.

I was thinking about the spacers but I dont think it'll help or make a difference.

Thanks!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts