Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I have condensation in my drivers side after retrofit.

This is the 2nd time I have opened up the headlights and resealed with the OEM sealant.

First time after BHLM I got condensation. Fixed it with RTV around the edges.

When you guys reseal after opening up a 2nd or 3rd time do any of you use the original OEM sealant or are you using new butyl?

Anyone fixed this issue by just adding silicone around the edges?

I dont want to f*ck up what I have in there by reopening. I know maybe too paranoid.

·
Registered
122 Posts
also interested to see what is said when it rains/rapid temp drop i get the same issues

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
The first time u open them up the original sealant should still suffice for a tight seal when you heat them back up. I added new butyl after the second time. No issues here

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
I had minor condensation after I did my bhlm, what I did was remove my side marker light turn on my other lights. so my lights would burn up any small amount of liquid and it could exit thru the side marker area. have not had any problems since then. might work for you

·
Registered
34 Posts
subscribed..
I am also having some issues.. I had to take the lights out and use a blowdryer to dry them up.. but I still have small round spots left in the furthest corner of the drivers side headlight assembly where the side marker is.. Im hoping they will dry up completely but I dont know.. I also resealed them as well with silicone.. HOpefully this will work???? If not what are the chances I could put them back in the oven and get the silicone to break down enough to take them apart??

If so, any ideas what is the best way to get all the silicone off to re seal them??

Thanks guys!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts