Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not all company 5k/6k bulbs match correctly. So, I have the Oracle 6k rings and stock lights. Looking to match my Highs/Lows and Fog lights to my 6k Oracle. Something I can buy local at Autozone or something?

I see guys running different watts to. Like high vs low wattgae.
So what would you guys recommend.

· "BHLM Master"
3,193 Posts
Mike, you probably won't find a bulb as bright as the ballast HIDs- but you can google LED bulbs for high and low beam for Tundra- they do make 5k, 6k LEDS that almost mimic the Oracle 6k- they just won;t appear to have the intensity because they don't have the ballast's powering them. I'm unsure on the wattedge, sorry man.Joe

Reactions: Tundra315

· Registered
128 Posts
I was in the same boat..bought some silverstar ultras for lows and nothing will come close to a 6k halo except a 6k hid...when I'm able to afford a retro that is what I will do, I'm sure not having a projector would glare out your low beam halo

· Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Mike, you probably won't find a bulb as bright as the ballast HIDs- but you can google LED bulbs for high and low beam for Tundra- they do make 5k, 6k LEDS that almost mimic the Oracle 6k- they just won;t appear to have the intensity because they don't have the ballast's powering them. I'm unsure on the wattedge, sorry man.Joe

Joe, good info. Pretty much what I was thinking, but not wanting to do the hid w/ballast right now. Just trying to get a "plug n play" solution, like the Silverstar ultras or something I see in the store. Ill google LED bulbs to. Thanks.

Note: All of my driving is in the city with street light. So mostly just looking to make my truck look like it has a SIMILAR color out put up front. (for now)

One more thing, if I get LED bulbs high/low, wont I get an irregular signal light or blow some fuses?

· Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was in the same dilemma. I hated how yellow my stock lights looked with my led rings. Sounds like it is time to do a retro fit like I did. Almost perfect match, and great light output!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Yeah the stock yellow color is terrible with the oracle rings. I cant do the retrofit or anythin like that right now. Have Family from NY this month and best friend coming in April. No Time.

Looking for a decent Plug n Play. Cant belive im the only one lol ? Come on guys help a brotha out....a lil bit more.

I could always go to the store, buy the stuff, then return it eh. Just thoght I remember seeing post of about guys upgrading with 5-6k and diff wattages and getting decnt results. Guess I need to search more.

· Registered
573 Posts
I was in the same boat..bought some silverstar ultras for lows and nothing will come close to a 6k halo except a 6k hid...when I'm able to afford a retro that is what I will do, I'm sure not having a projector would glare out your low beam halo
Oracle halo's are closer to 5k color temp.

I have halo's and 35w 6k HID's from DDM and they do not match. I'm going to swap my HID's for 5k soon to see if I can get closer.

but not wanting to do the hid w/ballast right now. Just trying to get a "plug n play" solution, like the Silverstar ultras or something I see in the store.
I will never buy a regular halogen bulb again. I was running several different bulb's in my old truck, one would burn out after about 6 months. That's a lot of money on light bulb's! those things aint cheap! Same thing happened in the Tundra. First mod I did and also the first thing to break!

got my $35 DDM HID's and have been running strong for 6 months.

just my .02

· Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Diabolus28- Excellent input. Not so exspensive either. I looked at the site but dont want the wrong kit. Can you post some links on what I should get. I want the FOGS to match the High and Low beams as well.
Btw, why 35w and not 55w ? Whats the diff?

· "BHLM Master"
3,193 Posts
You run the lower voltage as your lows such as 35 watts and the 55's for your highs Mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.