Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Do coilovers add to the height of the lift kit? The guy at Bulletproof with whom I spoke when I ordered the kit said that they are mostly for aesthetics, so I did not order them.

My most recent measurements indicate I am only getting 13 3/8" when I would ordinarily be getting 15", and Punch tells me that they add 2" to the height. Is this the case?

Thanks for your input on this matter.

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
They definitely add extra height to the BP lift. Are you using your factory strut assembly with the spacer supplied by BP? Not only do the coilovers allow the front suspension to travel much more but they are designed to be adjustable. (capable of increased height) Fox or King coilovers are a enormous improvement and not just aesthetics :)

·
Banned
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They definitely add extra height to the BP lift. Are you using your factory strut assembly with the spacer supplied by BP? Not only do the coilovers allow the front suspension to travel much more but they are designed to be adjustable. (capable of increased height) Fox or King coilovers are a enormous improvement and not just aesthetics :)
I ordered the basic lift kit, the rear Atlas leaf springs, and the standard rear shocks, and was told that the coilovers are for mostly for looks, and to a lesser extent for a smoother ride. I'll be having a word with Bulletproof about this; they promised 12", not 10 3/8".

·
Banned
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not speaking from experience, just bad memory from what I think I've soaked in from reading...

I thought the standard BP is advertised to give you 10" lift, and to get the full 12" lift, the coilovers are required :dunno:
According to the listing and the product details PDF, as well as the company representative, it represented 12" of lift, and the coilovers were listed as an optional component:

http://www.bulletproofsuspension.net/bulletproof-suspension-lift-kit-toyota-tundra-2007-2013-12.html

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
Since this thread is open could someone else explain what a suspension block in the rear that goes between the axle and leaf springs for more lift is called? I tried explaining it but failed. He thought I was talking about a body lift. This is not the case. I just know it as a 3" lift block from rough country. I installed one because with the coilovers cranked the nose will sit high and this block gave the ass end a bit rake so it sits perfect in my eyes with a little bit of rake.

·
Banned
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
As said before, I'll see if the mechanic can make sense of this, and if such a thing can be used in conjunction with the present modifications.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts