Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2014 Doublecab with Toytec Boss Coilovers in front and 1.5" shackles and Icon expansion pack in rear. Front lift is about 3.75" and rear is 3". Also in front I have Tuff Country UCA's and Coachbuilder tie rod ends. The rear of the truck is about an inch higher than the front. To get the truck even DS/PS in the front my DS coilover is turned up exposing 2.75" of treads below the collar, plus I have a Coachbuilder 1/4" shim on top. The PS coilover has 2.25" of treads exposed below the collar. The truck sits even left to right. A 1/4" shim is equal to 1/2" of lift and 1/2" of treads is equal to 1" of lift. Has anyone else have 1.5" of difference between DS/PS? Could it just be that the coilovers are slightly different in strength? I want to turn the coilovers down alittle (say to 2.5" and 2" to get alittle better ride). Are coilovers side specific (I didn't install them)? Should I maybe change sides with them so as not to have to turn the weak one up so much? Confussed

Thanks,

Dan

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
On my king c/o, my Pside has 8 threads while my Dside has 17 threads exposed. No shims, and I have asked twice about this difference, being correct or not, and I have been told each time it's correct. I can take then down, but must do each side the same to keep the deference equal.

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Same on my ADS, drivers side has more threads exposed to compensate for the toyota lean.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks foe the replies. Good to know I'm not the only one with a weird leaning truck.

Side Question - How do you add pictures to your posts???? Not that computer literate. I've spent last 2 months adding lift kit, sway bars, rear shackles and expansion pack plus done at least 10 mods that I've read on here. Then am finishing my truck off with 325/65R18 Wildpeak AT3W on Method 18 x 9 Double Standards and Wednesday the 3.909 gears are being replaced with 4.88's.

Thanks to All the Members for all their posts that I've used in my Build.

Dan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.