Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have tips on removing front coil over with a 3" spacer on top of it on an 07? Do i remove the top or bottom of the spindle? Do i have to loosen the bottom A arm? Thanx in advance

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Yes you will need to loosen the bolt on the lower control arm. Only the front one though. Remove the sway bar bolts too! Pretty easy really

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
a.) Remove front sway bar bolt from lower control arm
b.) Remove the lower shock bolt
c.) Remove the two bolts in the lower control arm (under the brakes, leave the bolt with the cotter pin) then mark the eccentrics/alignment washer/frame of truck and loosen the nuts just enough for the arm to move, do not remove the alignment washers.
d.) Remove nuts from upper strut tower
e.) Pry the lower control arm down just enough to remove the stock coil (keep a floor jack under LCA to prevent over extension)
f.) Install the new coil, tighten the nuts in the shock tower, minimally tighten the lower shock bolt

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
a.) Remove front sway bar bolt from lower control arm
b.) Remove the lower shock bolt
c.) Remove the two bolts in the lower control arm (under the brakes, leave the bolt with the cotter pin) then mark the eccentrics/alignment washer/frame of truck and loosen the nuts just enough for the arm to move, do not remove the alignment washers.
d.) Remove nuts from upper strut tower
e.) Pry the lower control arm down just enough to remove the stock coil (keep a floor jack under LCA to prevent over extension)
f.) Install the new coil, tighten the nuts in the shock tower, minimally tighten the lower shock bolt
If you marked the cams good, i ignore e. I let it drop out of the way completely, there is no overextension just loosen those lca bolts

but very important, mark the eccentrics, that gives the alignment a much better starting point

Reactions: 2010

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
If you marked the cams good, i ignore e. I let it drop out of the way completely, there is no overextension just loosen those lca bolts

but very important, mark the eccentrics, that gives the alignment a much better starting point
I would still have a floor jack or something comparable under the LCA personally. If the truck is high enough up in the air I believe it is still possible to damage the boots or over extend the brake lines if there is nothing to stop the LCA. Also just not a fan of my rotors hitting the cement floor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts