Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been working a little on an 05 Tundra with both banks running rich. My long term fuel trims are pulling -30% and the short term trims are about -18%. I immediately pulled the hose to the fuel pressure regulator and applied 20" of vacuum to it and my short term trims instantly zeroed out and the long terms were slowly finding their way back to zero as well. There's a box built directly onto the air inlet duct that the fuel pressure hose attaches to. There is no vacuum whatsoever in this box. I found one more vacuum hose attached to the box that routes to a diaphragm on the power steering pump and then through the diaphragm is another hose leading to a manifold vacuum source. I disconnected the hose at the box and gradually got 20" of vacuum there. At this point, I'm fairly confident that the box is a vacuum reservoir that got itself a leak. However, I don't have any good information to confirm the purpose of this box so that I may condemn it. Can somebody tell me what the box's job is?

Thanks in advance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts