Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, on my third tundra and have a p2443 code. Zero driveability issues and no other lights on. Would a bypass module fix this ? Do the block off plates need to be installed? Im mechanically inclined but am wondering if they are necessary.
Thanks for the help guys!
Its an 08 5.7

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
The block off plates are intended to prevent a "valve stuck open" fault from damaging the rest of the system. It is a good idea to install them, but not absolutely necessary unless you have a P2440 or P2442 fault. Once the bypass kit is installed those valves do not cycle so they should remain closed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok. Great!
So i was looking for a bypass kit and it seems like my only option is to buy the hewitt technologies one because mine is an 2008.
Are there any other cheaper options?

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
I suggest that you stick with Paul Hewitt's kit. His system is proven and reliable.

·
Registered
151 Posts
There is a long string in here somewhere the goes back to about 2009 or 2010 when this was a huge problem that was first discovered and the guys in here designed the bypass system from scratch. It is an amazing thread to read as these guys figure how to bypass this problem.

I got involved in it by being the first to install it on a 4.7L engine (an 07 DC). If you can find that thread, around the middle somewhere are the instructions on how to make your own bypass kit that involves a relay, a resistor, some wire, and a couple sheet metal block off plates. You can do the whole bypass for about $5 and about an hour of easy work. And if you take about 15 extra minutes and hide the relay under the battery and tape up the wires with some nice black electrical tape, no one will ever know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts