Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Code P2440

4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  CWilliams226 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

Went to drive my 2012 Tundra with the 4.6L at around 111K miles, after about a week of sitting and it was in limp mode. First checked Auto Zone OBD which came up with P2440: Secondary Air Injection System Switching Vale stuck Open, Bank 1, P2441 Secondary air injection system switching valve stuck closed Bank 1, P2714: q Pressure control solenoid "D" performance or Stuck Off, 2. Pressure control Solenoid "D" Performance (SLT). When I checked with my OBD scanner, I only got P2440. I replaced the part with Dorman secondary A.I.R. injection valve part # 911-624, disconnected the neg- terminal for 20 min, but when I went to fire it back up, same P2440 code popped up. I called the dealership today and since I'm the 2nd owner, they said they can't do anything with the warranty. My state has pretty strict emissions testing so I can't do the bypass. What should I actually replace to solve this?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.