Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So cranked up this morning and check engine light is on... Throwing code P0113 Intake Air Temp, Sensor 1, circuit high temp... WTF I just can't win anyways so I checked air filter, cleaned MAF sensor. Had the battery disconnected for about 45 mins and hooked it all back up. Check engine light went off for a second then came back on. I don't have a meter to check the MAF but will tomorrow at work! My question is what would the readings be when I am able to test it? Any thoughts on what to do next would be greatly appreciated! Thanks..

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
MAF has nothing to do with IAT, what year, engine?

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
Because I've been messing around ALOT with my engine mods, I was getting all sorts of CELs.. even the P02442.. First thing I do is clear (Erase) any CEls with my code reader (the one that plugs into the OBD2 port).. and if necessary disconnect the battery like what you did... That usually does the trick.. Ones I couldnt erase was then taken care of after a Zero Point Calibration.. So if you try all of that and you still get a repeated CEL, then it might be time to bring it in..
-
-

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2005 4.7L. The only thing I could find searching the web said it was MAF! If its not that then where is the IAT?

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
I too always thought the IAT was read off the MAF.. as for the IAT readings, it varies, but for me it was usually about 10 degrees higher than the ambient temp while on the highway..

Reactions: DWC3

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
According to Toyota it is a separate sensor in the MAF. Terminals 4 and 5 at the maf should have less than 158k ohms, that code sets over that threshold. If there is an open replace the MAF. If that reading is good you need to search for an open in the harness if the harness is good the ecu is bad. Replacing the sensor is most likely

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Ok so I tested the terminals 4 and 5 and got reading of 148k ohms. MAF is good, I do have the bypass install could this be causing an issue? Thanks for your help.. Also where is the ECU located?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dirtydeeds I do have the mod from him and I spoke with him thru email... He wants me to run some test to see if it might be a connection issue or to see if the module is bad...

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
Dirtydeeds I do have the mod from him and I spoke with him thru email... He wants me to run some test to see if it might be a connection issue or to see if the module is bad...
I've seen Paul really take care of guys with his module. You're in good hands and I'm sure y'all will get it worked out. Plz post up here and let everyone know how it turns out.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok so after running all the different test that Paul wanted me to run. The only answer he could give me is that I could try a new module. The reason we think that it is the module is because when I removed the bypass from the system and wire the MAF back to factory the CEL was able to be erased.. With the module the CEL was not! I wasn't the original buyer of the module so Paul is willing to sell me one at half price. Paul was very helpful with all his info and very patient....

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I made a mistake Paul first had told me to check all the connections that the mechanic made. I did not install the module I bought the truck with it installed! To make a long story short I thought there was a good connection on the ground. So I went back to double check everything and come to find that the connection on the ground wasn't making good contact. So this being said the Code P0113 is now gone, the CEL just went off on its own. Thank goodness...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts