21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sry I meant +3

·
Registered
688 Posts
Got a question about adding CB shackles. There's lots of talk about adding a diff drop kit when adding spacer kits or ride height adjustable shocks to the front. When adding shackles to the rear, is there a need for the carrier bearing drop kit? I'm going to get my 5100's installed soon and will likely use the top setting. I want the "level" look but don't want the rear to sag when I pull my boat or utility trailer. I've heard when you start lifting the rear of the tundra's, there is a great chance to develop a drive line shudder due to the increased angle of the driveshaft. A majority of the people on here say you don't need the front diff drop kit if your leveling kit is less than three inches. What do you guys say about lifting the rear less than two inches (+2 or +3 shackle)? Right now, I don't plan on replacing my factory non TRD rear shocks.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Got a question about adding CB shackles. There's lots of talk about adding a diff drop kit when adding spacer kits or ride height adjustable shocks to the front. When adding shackles to the rear, is there a need for the carrier bearing drop kit? I'm going to get my 5100's installed soon and will likely use the top setting. I want the "level" look but don't want the rear to sag when I pull my boat or utility trailer. I've heard when you start lifting the rear of the tundra's, there is a great chance to develop a drive line shudder due to the increased angle of the driveshaft. A majority of the people on here say you don't need the front diff drop kit if your leveling kit is less than three inches. What do you guys say about lifting the rear less than two inches (+2 or +3 shackle)? Right now, I don't plan on replacing my factory non TRD rear shocks.

Pretty sure Coachbuilder sends the carrier bearing drop kit with the +2, +3 shackles. I have them sitting in a box at home, but don't remember for certain, but I'm 99.9% positive I have the CB drop kit with them. Also, I wouldn't worry about the diff drop. I have my Bilsteins at the top setting and haven't had a problem with them yet @ over 15-18K miles.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Pretty sure Coachbuilder sends the carrier bearing drop kit with the +2, +3 shackles. QUOTE]

yes the carrier bearing spacer kit came with my kit. you also have to add the bushings $40 extra.

I Just got mine installed. had some one julst do it because they were already doing the front.

but I think they screwed up and put the new bushings on the top not the bottom. still waiting for confermation from CB on where they are suppost to go. guessing the new bushings where meant for the bottom on the spring side not frame side.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
I'm pretty sure the carrier bearing kit is included with the CB shackles.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
nice ,

what are your fronts set at, are you at a 3" front and 1" rear lift
If I remember correctly I've got the front at the top setting. 2.5-2.75 and the rear shackles gave me 1.75

I've since added 2 coach builder shims up front to each side

·
Registered
759 Posts
If I remember correctly I've got the front at the top setting. 2.5-2.75 and the rear shackles gave me 1.75

I've since added 2 coach builder shims up front to each side
Did you have to get new upper control arms?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Pretty sure Coachbuilder sends the carrier bearing drop kit with the +2, +3 shackles. QUOTE]

yes the carrier bearing spacer kit came with my kit. you also have to add the bushings $40 extra.

I Just got mine installed. had some one julst do it because they were already doing the front.

but I think they screwed up and put the new bushings on the top not the bottom. still waiting for confermation from CB on where they are suppost to go. guessing the new bushings where meant for the bottom on the spring side not frame side.
The CB bushings that come with his shackles go in the leaf where the bottom of the shackle connects.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

21 - 34 of 34 Posts