Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone in Colorado at a 6-7" lift running 37" tires that would feel like taking me for a quick spin (few minutes)?

I still can't decide between 4.5" BDS with 35" tires, or going all out with a 7" BDS and 37" tires. Found one on YouTube that looked amazing and now I'm leaning towards it over the 4.5

Hope someone is out there!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Not in Denver but having run 37s on the same BDS lift kit (only cranked to 6"), I'd say go for it. I'm running 40s now though and won't ever go back to 37s.

When I had 37s..

For what it's worth, I'm almost 100% sure that the 4.5" and 7" kit are the exact same bracket (and spindles). The only difference is the 7" kit uses strut spacers for the additional lift.

I don't quite remember the ride after I initially lifted it on 37s but if it was bad then I'd remember it. My full suspension has received quite a few upgrades since, such as ICON's "large lift application" remote reservoir coilovers (just a lower strut extension really) with 800lb KING springs, ICON Omega bypass shocks, Atlas +4.5" leaf packs, custom +5" shackles, and Coachbuilder tierod ends.

Today, with 40s..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That looks awesome! When you had the bds 7" was it the coilovers? I'm not going to have enough money to do the coils, so I was hoping the standard kit with fox shocks would be decent as a daily. I like my stock ride now and just don't want to lose quality, but don't need any sort of significant improvement. Everyone seems to say 7" is good but always recommend coils which I just can't do....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.