Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 02 tundra 4x4 that ive had for around four years with 225,000 miles and if im at a complete stop and roll of the line slowly everything works ok but if i gas it and try to pick up any speed quickly i hear an awful metal clunking noise only if im onto the gas from a complete stop in first gear. If im going like 15 mph picking up speed and hit a decent size pothole this noise will also appear when my suspension goes most of the way down ( only when im on the gas picking up speed in first gear) im assuming its the first gear in the transmission but im really not sure i hope someone else has had this issue or has any tips for me

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have a 02 tundra 4x4 that ive had for around four years with 225,000 miles and if im at a complete stop and roll of the line slowly everything works ok but if i gas it and try to pick up any speed quickly i hear an awful metal clunking noise only if im onto the gas from a complete stop in first gear. If im going like 15 mph picking up speed and hit a decent size pothole this noise will also appear when my suspension goes most of the way down ( only when im on the gas picking up speed in first gear) im assuming its the first gear in the transmission but im really not sure i hope someone else has had this issue or has any tips for me
Its also not a minor clunckins sound its a very loud and aggressive sound

1 - 2 of 2 Posts