Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know, probably should post a picture anyways.....

The clearcoat is bubbling on my hood. I haven't seen an issue anywhere else so I'm thinking it may have been re-cleared at the dealer shortly before I purchased it.

Anyways I'm thinking of 3 solutions.

1. Have it re-clearcoated or do it myself
2. Do some plasti-dip work and blackout part of the hood.
3. Get some large vinyl decal

Oppinions?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had this issue on my 07 tacoma, and the stuff just flaked off in sheets. Hopefully you wont have it that severe. I took it in to a paint shop, but cost to repaint/recoat far exceeded the value of my old truck. I ended up just living with it for a while, until I git my new truck.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I know, probably should post a picture anyways.....

The clearcoat is bubbling on my hood. I haven't seen an issue anywhere else so I'm thinking it may have been re-cleared at the dealer shortly before I purchased it.

Anyways I'm thinking of 3 solutions.

1. Have it re-clearcoated or do it myself
2. Do some plasti-dip work and blackout part of the hood.
3. Get some large vinyl decal

Oppinions?
Vinyl will show and enhance any divots or bubble ups in the paint

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So don't vinyl over it and I'm not taking it to a shop to get painted. So I'm thinking the easiest cover up would be Plasti-dip!

Thankfully the issue is in the center of the hood, so I'll just tape it off and plasti-dip away.

Need to restore my lights so guess I'll just make a weekend of it and wash the truck, plasti-dip the hood and maybe that black (no grey) front.

Truck in an 07 Crewcab and I just put holes in the bed for the DiamondBack HD. I got tired of all the rattling noises the locking system was making.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.