Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
This past 12" I had to clear off this morning I used a rubber glove on my hand and my rain coat and literally pushed the snow off the whole truck then used a scrapper on the glass. Its getting old this year.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
long windshield brush/scraper combo is all you need. I just do my side windows and front windshield and the truck engine's heat melts most of the snow on the hood. The rest, who cares. Seriously, I have been doing this for over 20+ years of driving in WI and works fine every single time. No need to brush snow off the hood or roof as long as windows are clear, nothing else matters. The more you try scraping or brushing the metal painted surfaces, the more scratches you will get since the factory paint quality sucks and scratches way too easily.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Snow broom is awesome. Plus mine has a ice scraper on the opposite end. I save the stihl blower for drying after washing. :D

·
Premium Member
2,540 Posts
long windshield brush/scraper combo is all you need. I just do my side windows and front windshield and the truck engine's heat melts most of the snow on the hood. The rest, who cares. Seriously, I have been doing this for over 20+ years of driving in WI and works fine every single time. No need to brush snow off the hood or roof as long as windows are clear, nothing else matters. The more you try scraping or brushing the metal painted surfaces, the more scratches you will get since the factory paint quality sucks and scratches way too easily.
here in NJ, it's illegal to drive around with snow on your roof/hood/trunk.

It's also rude/ dangerous to other people on the road and a sign of laziness IMO.

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
It's illegal in CT to drive with snow on your hoods, trucks, beds, ect as well.

I agree with KoBear too, it takes an extra 30 seconds to clear off the roof and hood and bed (especially if you have a cover of some sort)to clean off the snow, which is safer for everyone else on the road especially if you get ice as well.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
I kinda cringe when I see people using floor brooms on their vehicles to get snow off. I mean you just swept your floor (filled with all kinds of dust particles) and then those same brushes are scratching your paint up something fierce all in the name of snow removal!

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
^^^I agree I see that all the time... that's why the snow brums are the best of both worlds lol, it's foam so it won't scratch anything but clearing takes no time at all because it has the big face to just push the snow right off

Reactions: kstateskier

·
"Missing a Few Liters"
4,418 Posts
here in NJ, it's illegal to drive around with snow on your roof/hood/trunk.
...and and and that F$%^'ng Guy from the Soprano's will put a beatin on youse that will change your FR#$%$ing gender.

...then sue you.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts