Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Cereal Killer
20,307 Posts
I fire up the pressure washer, aim and shoot. Works well and never had a problem with any of my vehicles running after cleaning for well over 25 years.
Correct brother. especially the ones with heat and soap. Just keep the wand a ways from the surfaces and it will not be a problem.

·
Premium Member
1,967 Posts
I spray and wash every engine on many different types of cars, from Porsches to Lotus's to Lexus and Mercedes. I never cover anything and have never had a problem. Engines today and designed to be water tight, but use common sense around the electrical parts. Pop your hood after driving through a big rain and you'll see how wet they get.

I wash mine monthly with 1Z Blitz and water from shot from the hose or pressure washer. If I'm using the pressure washer, I use common horse sense, use the lower pressure tip and keep it a decent distance so I'm not forcing huge amounts of pressured water into important areas.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
I spray simple green or other degreaser and rinse off - don't cover anything and then apply tire foam to the engine bay. Looks like brand new

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
669 Posts
I use the mist from a pressure washer, that I spray at a distance while the engine is up to temp and running. The steam helps to remove dirt. Thereafter, I'll finish up with my shop vac with the vac, reversed, blowing air to remove any remaining water. Oh, and I make sure to avoid the alternator.

·
Registered
9,298 Posts
I like the greasy, rustic look; holds everything together. :D

Always been concerned about water pooling under the intake manifold and corroding the starter contacts on my 1st gen tundra.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I always use Adams All Purpose Cleaner along with a boars brush. Then I Take the pressure washer and then spray it all off. After rinsing I use my Master Blaster or leaf blower to dry it out. On the Fords yes you want to dry the coil packs out so the water does not seep in them.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Ive always used engine degreaser on my trucks without issues, but have been hessitant to on the tundra because it seems to have a lot more exposed connections. I always go for a fast drive afterward to heat up the engine and blow away any pooling water. I imagine that it helps prevent issues?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts