Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my Clazzio interior kit for my crewmax and installed it this past weekend. I was able to get everything to fit okay but the rear headrests don't seem to fit. The center headrest is fine but the two sides seem to be too small.
I was told by Clazzio to let them sit and get heat from the daily sun for two weeks then try to install them again after they "loosen" up. Has anyone else had this issue or is this just a BS excuse to get rid of me?

Another thing I noticed was that the back of the front two seats seem to fit pretty loose. Now I know this are covers so I don't expect a ultra tight fit but I think they should be tighter then that. After asking about this they told me the same thing. Give it some time being exposed to heat and they end up fitting and molding better to the seats. What's funny to me is that the same excuse was giving to me for two opposite things. One needs heat to expand so it will actually fit . The other needs hit to get tighter and shrink.

Any ideas?

· Premium Member
11,775 Posts
Don't feel bad man, I remember fighting like mad with the head rest covers and I just about gave up on several occasions. I did not want to pull too hard b/c I thought I would tear the covers. In the end, I tugged and pulled like a madman and got them on without them ripping at all. Some heat may help but I think if you just really go after it then you will get them on.

As for the backs of the front seats, mine are still much looser looking than I would like too. One of these days I would like to try to tighten them up a bit but overall they still look pretty dang good.

· Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't feel bad man, I remember fighting like mad with the head rest covers and I just about gave up on several occasions. I did not want to pull too hard b/c I thought I would tear the covers. In the end, I tugged and pulled like a madman and got them on without them ripping at all. Some heat may help but I think if you just really go after it then you will get them on.

As for the backs of the front seats, mine are still much looser looking than I would like too. One of these days I would like to try to tighten them up a bit but overall they still look pretty dang good.
I have to agree they look so much better then the factory cloth either way.
How does yours look behind the rear center arm rest? When you drop the arm rest is it all kinds of loose back there? That is the worst part on mine...luckily I keep it up 90% of the time

· Registered
11 Posts
There is a thread on here with all kinds of great info regarding all your concerns - http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=77715

The headrests on my double cab were all equally difficult bot I found that the trick is to squeeze the headrests (they squeeze more than you might think) also I did the headrests while they were out - not leaving them in like the instructions say. Also the headrests have a front and back - I was trying them backwards for a while and actually had one on backwards!! Lol

Also the rear center armrest issue is discussed at length in the other thread, I don't have a CM so I can't share my experience there..

All in all I love these seat covers - best mod for the money by far!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

· Premium Member
11,775 Posts
I have to agree they look so much better then the factory cloth either way.
How does yours look behind the rear center arm rest? When you drop the arm rest is it all kinds of loose back there? That is the worst part on mine...luckily I keep it up 90% of the time
That damn arm rest was a complete PITA. It still does not look perfect but it is close enough, like you, my arm rest is almost never down.

· Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here is the back of the front seat, currently covered in Mastiff hair...

HAHA! Yup my rear seats and back of arm rest look exactly the same as yours.

squeezing and tugging at the headrest covers makes sense but the funny part is I didn't even do this installation. My buddy knows someone at Clazzio so I ordered it from him and had the guy from Clazzio do the installation becuase I wanted to make sure it was done right. He was the one who told me about the headrests needing sun to stretch etc.

· Registered
323 Posts
Get a hold of the wife's hairdryer - get the cover really hot and have someone hold and squeeze the headrest while you hold and squeeze the other side of the headrest -it will go on.....

· Registered
8,147 Posts
Now I don't feel too bad knowing that I am not the only one who installed one of the headrest covers backward. They do require quite a bit of tugging and pulling. My arms were sore for days.

The headrest cover for the center rear is smaller than others. Make sure yours haven't been switched.

I think the worst fit is the console cover. I left it off for a while. My wife decided to try it on and it looks half way decent so I left it on. They should've definitely made a better fitting console cover.

I installed mine in the summer. I think it definitely helped.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.