Votes: 25 80.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, most of you have read my thread "well, it's either the tundra or the cobra jet" Thanks for all your responses. A lot of you have been advising me to sell the Tundra and keep the Torino. I am starting to wonder if you may be right. I need a vote from people who are more detached on this than I am.

Do I sell the Tundra and move the Torino to my garage in Michigan and wait for the market to rebound while it appreciates every year. This would require me to drive my older Chevy Lumina (with the factory HiPo engine) or do a cash for clunkers on the chevy and buy some squirell-mobile for a year.

or

Keep the auction going on the Torino and keep the Tundra.

I drive the tundra everyday. I drive the torino every month.
The torino appreciates. The Tundra depreciates.

I can buy a tundra at a later date for less money than I paid.
If I can ever find another original Torino Cobra it is going to cost me a lot more than what it brings.

I do need to sell one of them.
Practical daily driver or long term classic.
If it was you what would you do?
Simple vote for selling: Torino or Tundra

I will still have to make up my own mind of course but I value your opinions.
WWTOD: What would Tundra owners do

For those who have not seen it here is the link:

Ford : Torino:eBay Motors (item 190328410692 end time Aug-20-09 16:16:24 PDT)

·
Premium Member
5,342 Posts
If you have a back up DD, sell the Tundra.

·
Premium Member
5,342 Posts
I added a poll for you, if that's alright with you.

·
Administrator
39,325 Posts
Sell the Tundra! Keep the Torino until the market comes back then sell if need be. See what kinda deal you can get by trading the clunker on a econobox. If a good deal doesn't present itself then just beat the piss outta the lumina for a while.

·
Registered
221 Posts
i say sell the tundra (never thought i would say that). a car like that comes along once in a blue moon. the dealer has a lot full of tundras.

·
Registered
13,349 Posts
I'll be the one. Cash for clunkers on that lumina and keep the two. Now if one of those two have to go well no choice there get rid of the Ford. If you got your truck to use as a truck then the Ford goes. Apparently you're not worried about gas or mpg's with both of them. Why I say sell the Ford? I read your article which states you are going to still sell the Torino after the market comes back. So sell the Torino.

·
"I'm your Huckleberry"
2,204 Posts
Sell the Tundra.....Keep the Torino....

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Ok guys, most of you have read my thread "well, it's either the tundra or the cobra jet" Thanks for all your responses. A lot of you have been advising me to sell the Tundra and keep the Torino. I am starting to wonder if you may be right. I need a vote from people who are more detached on this than I am.

Do I sell the Tundra and move the Torino to my garage in Michigan and wait for the market to rebound while it appreciates every year. This would require me to drive my older Chevy Lumina (with the factory HiPo engine) or do a cash for clunkers on the chevy and buy some squirell-mobile for a year.

or

Keep the auction going on the Torino and keep the Tundra.

I drive the tundra everyday. I drive the torino every month.
The torino appreciates. The Tundra depreciates.

I can buy a tundra at a later date for less money than I paid.
If I can ever find another original Torino Cobra it is going to cost me a lot more than what it brings.

I do need to sell one of them.
Practical daily driver or long term classic.
If it was you what would you do?
Simple vote for selling: Torino or Tundra

I will still have to make up my own mind of course but I value your opinions.
WWTOD: What would Tundra owners do

For those who have not seen it here is the link:

Ford : Torino:eBay Motors (item 190328410692 end time Aug-20-09 16:16:24 PDT)
sell Tundra. well depending on the condition of the torino- frame and interior wise- the value of it well always be on the climbing status as time goes by while the tundra won't establish the status of being an investment until it is at least 30 years old.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Dump the Tundra...it can always be repleced when things improve. Buy an econbox for DD and just suffer the humiliation knowing that you can always wheel out the BIG DOG for a macho fix.

·
Registered
287 Posts
i say sell the tundra (never thought i would say that). a car like that comes along once in a blue moon. the dealer has a lot full of tundras.
i love the tundras, but i agree!!

·
Premium Member
1,833 Posts
Hate to say it but sell the Tundra. If you sell the muscle car today you will regret it tomorrow. I have a '71 Vette, Nevada Silver color that I have kept thru thick and thin-the gas shortage of the '70's and other mild recessions. It is a T top and one of about 3500 T tops built that year. In time the economy will turn around in spite of what BO is doing to it now. You can get another truck.
Good luck!
08 DC SR5
desert sand 5.7L

1 - 20 of 26 Posts