Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In some vehicles, the driver side cig lighter remains always on-great for charging iPhones etc. I have a 2013 cm
And the cig lighters are not always on.
Help
I am scratching my head on this one.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
3,545 Posts
The cigerette lighter plugs power down after a couple hours, If I remember correctly.

KO

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Only works for earlier models. I might be wrong but toyota did away with that feature on the 2010 models. I have that function on my '08. On the front and in the center console plug on my CM

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Reactions: chode

·
Registered
133 Posts
I think if u connect the remote on wire (should be blue) to a constant power soirce it should be on 24 7. Though if there's a short circuit the fuse might not blow and u could catch on fire :)

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
It probably won't be a simple software change you can do. Simply rewire the desired lighter plug to a unswitched fused circuit or just add one. It's literally 2 wires. Just trace the wires coming from the back of the lighter socket (these days more politically correctly called a 12 volt accessory outlet) but if you need wiring diagrams I can post them up.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I have a 2013 doublecab. My driver side and passenger side 12v shuts off when I turn off the truck.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
my 2010 stays on for 2 hours
so does the one inside my console

1 - 12 of 12 Posts