Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Amazon.com: 24" x 30 ft Roll of Matte Black Permanent Adhesive-Backed Vinyl for Craft Cutters, Punches and Vinyl Sign Cutters ? Vinyl Ease V0703: Arts, Crafts & Sewing

I think I am going to try this on my bumpers as soon as it warms up... will definitely make it much easier to stretch...
Find out if the vinyl is Cast or Calendered... you'd have an easier time with cast vinyl as it'll conform and stretch better. You might be better off getting something like this as it's more forgiving if laid down wrong.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Find out if the vinyl is Cast or Calendered... you'd have an easier time with cast vinyl as it'll conform and stretch better. You might be better off getting something like this as it's more forgiving if laid down wrong.

Amazon.com: 5ft x 2ft (10 Sq/ft) 3M MATTE Black M12 Scotchprint Car Wrap Vinyl Film 1080 Series: Automotive
That probably is a better option... I know that the one I was looking at was the same thickness... It is a cheap project anyways... I am not sure if I will like the matte against the rest of the truck...

·
Registered
346 Posts
what do you think is easier to apply to those corners, plastidip or that wrap? I know I would like the finish of the wrap better than the plastidip, but those curves look like it could be a pain for the wrap.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I think I am going with Plastidip since I have no experience/skill with the vinyl.

·
Registered
26 Posts
From what I have been told, the vinyl is extremely pliable and will stretch to conform... I'm not a fan of rattle cans, I've always been horrible with those

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
125 Posts
I got a quote to wrap my front and rear chrome bumpers for $185. Don't know when I will get it done, but it's def. in the plans.

·
Premium Member
2,185 Posts
I think the wrap is so expensive because they only come in big ass sheets and they don't want to be left with a shitload of half sheets from other people.

People who do vinyl wraps are pretty amazing they can do some crazy things with it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
280 Posts
Anyone wrap the bumpers on a '14 white yet that can post pics? I see Matte, Satin & Gloss White on Amazon.

Thanks,

Chad

·
Registered
346 Posts
what do you think is easier to apply to those corners, plastidip or that wrap? I know I would like the finish of the wrap better than the plastidip, but those curves look like it could be a pain for the wrap.
I went the plastidip route. Vinyl wrap in my area was ridiculously expensive. I also posted this pic in the plastidip thread, but here is the final product for reference...it's dirty in the pic

·
Registered
337 Posts
I'm thinking of spraying duplicolor bedliner on mine, but wonderering if the sensors will be able to work through it. Apparently they won't work through chrome which is why the rear bumpers are color-matched on the tundras with sensors.
I guess you're talking about the blind spot sensor?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've been researching the crap out of this and everyone seems to have a different answer. I wanted a permanent solution so wrapping didn't seem to make sense. I don't want to change textures so line-x or powder coat didn't seem to make sense. So... my truck is currently getting the chrome (I think they said) acid dipped off and then they are going to color match paint. I get it back tomorrow. Hoping for perfection. $500

·
Registered
34 Posts
Is there a plasti dip option that is a close
Match to blazing blue? What about vinyl?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
I think i am going to powdercoat my bumper end caps. How hard is it to remove them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 44 Posts