Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Called a local shop and they want $550 to LineX the bumper chrome corners and a another guy mentioned he could wrap the corners for $150 ...

Thoughts? Pics of anyone attempt it?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm thinking of spraying duplicolor bedliner on mine, but wonderering if the sensors will be able to work through it. Apparently they won't work through chrome which is why the rear bumpers are color-matched on the tundras with sensors.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I'm thinking of spraying duplicolor bedliner on mine, but wonderering if the sensors will be able to work through it. Apparently they won't work through chrome which is why the rear bumpers are color-matched on the tundras with sensors.
test out that duplicolor first. used some the other day at work and it is nothing like it use to be. does not cover well and sprays very blotchy. wrap it is my suggestion.

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Black plasti dip holding on just fine on mine . Took two tries for me . As others have mentioned...spray light and if you f up
Don't go back and try and "touch" up . It turns out like sh*t

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
I wrapped all 4 of my chrome caps in matte black 3M vinyl for $125. It's durable and looks good for the price....and, if I decide to do something else later down the line, it peels off.

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
X2 on the plasti dip. I dipped my truck when it had probably 8,000 miles on and I'm at almost 40,000 now and I've only had to touch up the grill surround because of a small chip. For the price you can't go wrong and touching up is easy

·
Registered
92 Posts
I wrapped all 4 of my chrome caps in matte black 3M vinyl for $125. It's durable and looks good for the price....and, if I decide to do something else later down the line, it peels off.

Where did you get the material from and did you do a write up? How hard was it to do?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
interested to know about the wrapping of the wheels as well .... please advise

got an estimate to wrap the chrome bumper ends and grill crome for $400....

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Where did you get the material from and did you do a write up? How hard was it to do?
I had them wrapped by a shop here in town.

·
Registered
318 Posts
$400?????? Seems like that is a bit expensive to me....

·
Registered
261 Posts
^^^ is probably because the top piece of the grill would be a biatch to wrap. I paid 80 bucks to get my grill painted heheheeh. along with my emblem. Then again I worked for a place that has a body shop. If any Coloradians are nearby me I can pass on the hook up deal

·
Registered
26 Posts
1 - 20 of 44 Posts