Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2013 Platinum, or 2019 Pro. Which one would you take?
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Truck
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle
?

· Registered
14,312 Posts
Depends on price and needs, also miles, condition underneath etc.

Reactions: 310z

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Depends on price and needs, also miles, condition underneath etc.
97000 km on the pro, 180000 km on the platinum. Both are in 9/10 condition and are always maintained over and above what Toyota recommends.

The wife and I are considering selling one in order to get something more economical on fuel, but I can't decide which.

If all things were equal, I'd keep the platinum hands down. The pro is a beast, but the crewmax suits our family better and I've always loved the look of that body style.

· Registered
802 Posts
Is one paid for?
Do you have kids?
As you mention getting something more economical on fuel you may also want to consider keeping the truck you owe the least amount of money on.
I would assume the Platnum may be paid for and has more space for kids. If that is the case sell the PRO and get rid of that payment. You can buy a lot of fuel for the cost of a monthly payment. Buy a Toyota Carolla that gets 30-40 MPG. It will also be less expensive to insure. Instantly your finances are better.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is one paid for?
Do you have kids?
As you mention getting something more economical on fuel you may also want to consider keeping the truck you owe the least amount of money on.
I would assume the Platnum may be paid for and has more space for kids. If that is the case sell the PRO and get rid of that payment. You can buy a lot of fuel for the cost of a monthly payment. Buy a Toyota Carolla that gets 30-40 MPG. It will also be less expensive to insure. Instantly your finances are better.
You assume correctly.

I'm leaning towards the platinum as it is paid for and we have 2 kids so it's hands down our go to for family outings.

It's at the age where a few things are starting to fail, nothing big, but I had to replace the clock spring the other day as the horn wasn't working. Dealer quoted $800, I managed to do it myself in 3 hrs for $380.

The drive train still feels as strong as it did when it was new, but the wearable items are needing replacement more and more.

That being said, I could probably afford to overhaul everything the platinum needs after a few months of savings on the pro payment.

I would miss those fox shocks though...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts