Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2014 platinum 4x4 crewmax and even though it's used and had 72k I still spent a a good chunk because I know they're good trucks from what I've seen and heard. They're well built with a strong body and an even stronger motor, but the interior needs some work! Dash panels are easily scratched, rear entertainment DVD player does even eject the discs anymore, the screens pop out, and don't get me started on this "JBL" sound system. Biggest piece of shit I've ever heard. And it's so complex and hat you have to replace everything to add any subs or new speakers. Everything else seems to be holding up just the interior parts. Is it just me or am I just crazy?

·
Registered
23 Posts
You're not crazy, the JBL sucks.

Personally I'm very happy with my SR5, I'm just adding the fancy bits I want.

·
Premium Member
4,848 Posts
Tundra is typically the best built most reliable truck you can buy, but

The jbl stuff is just monster shit

And the interior of my platinum although nice needs to be updated with better materials in some areas and for God’s sake Toyota match the material blacks and why the hell is the side of the head unit have a machined look and right underneath it supposedly matching is a painted look.

None of blacks match in the truck

Lexus leather is tits tough except the seat ventilation system is dogshit, doesn’t do a damn thing, heated seats work very well

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.