Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
"BHLM Master"
3,232 Posts
Goggle 5k HID conversion kits for Tundra headlights, H-11 kits for the low, 9005 for the highs, 9145 for the fogs, if ya got um. The HID bulbs and ballasts will get you plenty more light then just and LED light bulb change out.

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'm not in favor of LED retrofit headlight bulbs at their current state of development; nonetheless:

LINK

I'd have to agree. The LEDs would likely not give you enough output/ We sell and LED plasma 7.5 that's a direct fit for the H11, I've done a few in GM trucks, the look is nice, but IMO the output is just not there. There are some brighter LED's kits on the market, they use a fan, and are a little cumbersome, I sell those too, wouldn't use them either:)

·
Registered
176 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
alright well i changed my mind, and want 10000k lights, but i have no idea on what kind of ballast to get.
When I did the GB, seems like guys 2010 and up needed AC ballasts, everyone else did fine with DC. Only a few bucks difference in the 2, I'd always opt for the AC....

·
Cereal Killer
20,307 Posts
I'm not in favor of LED retrofit headlight bulbs at their current state of development; nonetheless:

LINK

Agreed, but it seems they are getting closer.

As far as the specific example given, it looks like they have the lumens, but I've seen focusing / scattering issues in beam pattern photos, plus I'd be worried about reliability with those fans.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts