Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a 2010 Crew Max with a hard tonneau cover. I want to mount a CB antenna on the box rail but I haven't seen anything that will work with this cover and I don't want to make something that will look shi77y. :) My only other option is the fender mount.
I have the bucket seats with full console. I like the idea of mounting the radio under the seat. I wouldn't be switching channels while driving although adjusting the squelch would be difficult. I have a few months before I need to really knuckle down and install the radio and antenna so I have time to continue to look.
I live in Canada so if you know where I can "find" a useable bracket in this country, I would appreciate knowing where.
Thanks
Larry

·
Registered
20 Posts
just spent the evening trying to find a fender mount to fit my Tundra. Can't seem to find something in Canada.
My problem is I have a hard (fiberglass) tonneau cover that overlaps the bed rails making it almost impossible to mount a CB aerial in/on the box . My only option it to find the front fender mount and also get the correct aerial kit. Oh well, I don't need to panic yet.

·
Registered
20 Posts
just spent the evening trying to find a fender mount to fit my Tundra. Can't seem to find something in Canada.
My problem is I have a hard (fiberglass) tonneau cover that overlaps the bed rails making it almost impossible to mount a CB aerial in/on the box . My only option it to find the front fender mount and also get the correct aerial kit. Oh well, I don't need to panic yet.
Well, I had a bracket made. I got 12 " long piece of stainless steel $7.56 and had it bent (for free at my work) to fit on the front of the bed of my truck. It is 7" long with one 1/2 hole drilled the top and a 3/8 hole near the bottom (to allow the coaxial cable to pass thru).
I have the holding screws inside the bed and I have 1/4 inch clearance between the mount and the cab, to allow for body flex.
I made a template from a coat hanger.
I tried to post photos but for some reason, I can not.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts