Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey guys im thinking on getting a CB Radio for my 2013 Tundra Crew Max TRD
and wanted to know if anyone has any good ideas where to put the radio&antenna. If anyone has any pictures that would be great thanks.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I stuffed mine in the tire iron/jack compartment in case I need it. Cobra 29 classic and a stubby antenna fit great in there. Stuffed it the rest of the way full with jersey gloves to keep it from rattling and I know they're there if I need them.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i was thinking to put the radio in the storage space beside the shifter you know that rectangular peice that comes off? the only thing is to test fit one and seeing if it would fit

·
Registered
521 Posts
I was thinking of cutting out the lighter area and putting one there, and hooking up another 12v with the lighter wires somewhere.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Iv seen a pic with it there but I'm not one for cutting into my truck she's to new for that lol

·
Registered
545 Posts
I have mine mounted in the center console with an external speaker mounted in the passenger side footwell. Had 2 antennas mounted with some custom brackets to work with my tri-fold bed cover. Took them off when i bought my snugtop cover off CL.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice where exactly did you have your antenna
I ordered the diamond back hd cover so I'm just trying to think we're would be a good spot for it with out looking stupid

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That looks sweet Mabey I can mount mine like that ontop of the diamondback do u have a pic of the cb radio in the dash?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Mounted mine to the in dash cup holder. I can still use the cup holder the radio slides in and out with it. I mounted a perm mount Wilson 5000 on the roof.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I made a bracket to mount my antenna using an existing screw:

I also made a bracket to mount the CB to the floor:

Ended up being a good place to mount the GPS also:

My seat is a bench and yours sound like buckets (?) so don't know if this will be any help.....

Reactions: TAMUTUNDRA

·
Registered
289 Posts
Only had my CM for a week, and was thinking about where to mount my Cobra 29. Will post pics once I make a decision.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That's sweet what kind is it?
Do you still need the antenna out side the truck for that one to?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Have you guys seen the cobrs 75WXST? That's what's going into my truck tomorrow. Just have to find a spot on the bed for the antenna.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts