Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have leather seats in my Tundra and while having a child I have to have a car seat in the back. Our carseat has the buckles that strap underneath the seat to the clips. I had to take the carseat out the other day and noticed that the leather and the foam has formed essentially around the buckles. I put the truck in the garage to warm up in hopes that it reformed itself but to no avail. Curious if anybody else has had this problem and what you did to fix it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
You can put down some seat protectors under the car seats that are designed to mitigate this kind of damage.

Still, the seat will form lines and the latch buckles will impact the leather. On my last vehicle, I used some leather conditioner and heat (hair dryer) to work out some of the damage. Not perfect, but it's the best I could find in researching. There are a number of YouTube videos on it.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Like mentioned, I don’t think you can avoid it.
I folded a towel underneath then switched to the seat protector.
I left the seats in tight for 3-4 Year’s and have been out for about 1 year and you can still see light marks.

I never bothered trying to work them out because after 2 kids you probably won’t care....almost a half descent excuse for a new Tundra.:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.