Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the LRO 3/1 kit and I get that drive line vibration at take off. I know I need to shim the carrier bearing so I ordered the Zone Off road spacer kit. Question I have is how much do I need to drop it for a 1" rear block. The spacer is bigger than my rear block so I think that would be too much. They are polymer so I can cut them as short as I need to. Just looking for suggestions.

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
I have the LRO 3/1 kit and I get that drive line vibration at take off. I know I need to shim the carrier bearing so I ordered the Zone Off road spacer kit. Question I have is how much do I need to drop it for a 1" rear block. The spacer is bigger than my rear block so I think that would be too much. They are polymer so I can cut them as short as I need to. Just looking for suggestions.
.75" and be sure your carrier bearing is facing with the (hole side down)

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is that 3/4" total with flipping the bearing or 3/4" spacer + flip the bearing for closer to 1" total?

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
I build a billet carrier bearing drop kit in 2 sizes. The size I use for my shackles is .75" total (spacer) and by flipping the carrier bearing itself it will come down another .625" totaling 1.375" (1 3/8")

·
Registered
78 Posts
hey guys I'm not trying to hijack the thread but it's something that I need some help with also so I figured i'd chime in.....hey coach heres a pic of the carrier bearing bracket that I just bought....as you know I have the BP lift and I have a little vibration when I de-accelerate from 60 MPH....will this be enough drop with that 12 inch lift to maybe take care of that vibration if its even the reason why?:confused:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
hey guys I'm not trying to hijack the thread but it's something that I need some help with also so I figured i'd chime in.....hey coach heres a pic of the carrier bearing bracket that I just bought....as you know I have the BP lift and I have a little vibration when I de-accelerate from 60 MPH....will this be enough drop with that 12 inch lift to maybe take care of that vibration if its even the reason why?:confused:

The BP lift uses a carrier bearing drop bracket thats quite a bit larger than the one in your pic.
In the center at the bottom is the bracket BP supplies. I don't have a exact measurement but know by the design is quite a bit bigger. Besides the Atlas leafs what else are you using in the rear if anything? I build a few products specifically designed for the BP lift. It would also pay to inspect the driveline. I've had a number of guys need my driveline spacer after installing the driveline isn't long enough.

·
Registered
78 Posts
hahaa...ya I just looked that up too to see if there was a bracket included in the lift....I only have the Atlas springs in the rear...would that vibration I have at 60 MPH maybe come from the driveline being to short for the extreme angle its set at as of right now? and what does your spacer cost if you dont mind me asking?
Thanks man

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
hahaa...ya I just looked that up too to see if there was a bracket included in the lift....I only have the Atlas springs in the rear...would that vibration I have at 60 MPH maybe come from the driveline being to short for the extreme angle its set at as of right now? and what does your spacer cost if you dont mind me asking?
Thanks man

Here's the link to the driveline spacer :) http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/members-guild/121234-tundra-driveline-spacers.html

Usually with just the Atlas leafs the driveline is sufficient. Saw a few pics you posted but couldn't really see the stance... How does your truck sit now? Do you feel any vibration or shudder under hard acceleration from a stop or just at 60 mph? Sounds like your pinion angle needs to come up. I'd suggest using a set of my shackles either +3" or +4" this will lower the rear portion of the leafs and point the pinion up. You can also fine tune the carrier bearing drop you've got with a billet spacer. (if needed)

·
Registered
78 Posts
actually I have a 3 inch block in the rear also to level the truck....but when I first installed the lift there were no blocks in the rear and the vibration was imediately noticed the first time I took it out on the road.....whwen I get above 60MPH and then left of the gas pedal there is a vibration that seems to be coming from the front but I could be wrong....and continues to vibrate until it drops below 60 MPH...I thougt it might have been the U-joints but I checked them and they looked fine....so I"m not sure what the problem could be...and your shackles would replace the 3 inch blocks if I was to get a set?...thanks again for the help man

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Depending if the blocks are tapered would also make a different to help the pinion angle. Regardless the larger shackles are a huge improvement over the stock set. The +4" shackles will give you 2.25"-2.50" on top of the 7" you're seeing from the leafs. But still may need a 1" block. This would be a much more stable setup. If you able to snap a pic of the pinion angle and the driveline angle this would definitely help. My contact number is at the bottom of my sig, if you have a sec in the morning give me a call it may be easier to explain how the truck is driving over the phone.

·
Registered
78 Posts
awesome man....I will be giving you a call for sure and hopefully I can explain the problem a little more in detail and maybe find a solution....thanks Coach :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts